Jung Hoseok

~*~

~*~

"The hand of the clock that should be frozen is now."

~*~

The cold breeze gently pushes my hair out of my face. I close my eyes against it, sighing at the chill that invades my body. I have always loved Yoongi's balcony at his office. The space here had been one of my favorites whenever I was feeling down.

Here, looking over at the city, was calming.

The lights burned bright in colors of all shades. Some twinkled while others stayed constant. The headlights of the cars blurred into satisfying lines. Overall the chatter and noise present during the day had quieted. Only the distance rumble of a train or the shouts of a drunk could be heard.

Between the tranquility it offered and the soft noise of the world, it was easy to get lost in your mind. For a second it was easy to forget all that is bothering you.

Which is why I was here now.

Two weeks ago, Namjoon and Yoongi had shown up in the middle of the day. Yoongi's red-rimmed and swollen eyes told me he had been crying, and of course I didn't have to ask why. Whereas I had cried the loss I felt, Yoongi had kept it inside him as always. He has never been one to show emotion, but when he does, its heartbreaking. And though I wish he had confided in me, I did not mind that he had lessened the burden on his heart.

However, it seemed no matter how much I cried, the pain would just not go away. Though I say the I've cried my loss, I really haven't. Or at least it feels that way.

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes against the view, a sigh expelling from my lips. In the next second I jolt, eyes shooting open when I feel the sensation of something being placed upon my shoulders. A small smile lifts the corners of my lips when I notice it is none other than Yoongi, placing a shawl on my shivering body.

"You'll get sick. What are you doing out here in only your pajamas? And how many times have I told you not to have coffee right before bed?"

He leans on the railing beside me, looking to me with tired eyes. A small frown is set upon his lips, but I know it isn't directed towards me. He was just exhausted from overworking himself.

Leaning towards him, I place a soft kiss on his lips, feeling him relax against the feeling as he kisses me back. When I pull back, his lips are pulled up into a satisfied smile as he looks to me with slightly hooded eyes. It had been a while since we last were any type of intimate. I couldn't even honestly remember the last time we kissed. It was just a fleeting peck, if even that.

I don't want to give him any hope though. No matter how much I wished I was, I just was not in the mood. I couldn't bring myself to be lovey-dovey with him when those around us were suffering so much. When we, ourselves, were suffering from within.