Min Yoongi

~*~

~*~

"I'm tired of this repeated seesaw game."

~*~

I had taken the day off, focusing all my energy and brainpower into trying to figure out the smallest piece of a clue as to where Jungkook could be. Being in the entertainment business, I had links everywhere. And links had links, and I knew if I looked hard enough, I'd find him.

The first time around, I was one person looking through as many loops as I could, but along with it suffering from heartbreak and pain. I was sure I missed things and maybe my mind was too muddled at the time to truly focus on the task at hand. But now I had Jimin and Hobi working along with me, in hopes of finding him. There was fire ignited in us all, and somehow it made me feel as if things would finally be turning around for us.

But then again, this could just be the calm before the storm.

A tired sigh leaves my lips as I lean against my chair, rubbing at my burning eyes. Staring at a computer screen constantly was not advisable, and if it wasn't for Jungkook, I wouldn't be doing this.

Soft hands find their way to my tense shoulders, massaging it ever so gently to release the built up tension. I don't have to open my eyes to know it is Hobi, after all I knew his touch all too well, and only a hum of appreciation leaves my lips. After a few minutes, I tap his hands to tell him I'm good, twisting my neck right and left, feeling the release of stress.

Hobi comes around and takes a seat on my lap, arms weaving around my neck as he watches me with a small smile. My arm goes around his waist, pulling him closer to me. My other hand moves up, fingertips gently gliding over the smooth skin of his cheek, feeling the warmth radiating off of him. Ever so softly, my thumb grazes over his bottom lip, tracing the smile that lay across it.

In that moment I come to realize just how much I've missed that true smile, the one that would reach his eyes, causing them to twinkle with unseen happiness and hope. Though it wasn't exactly there as before, his smile and eyes were still full of hope, and that's all I could ask for in retrospect to everything.

"You need to rest, Yoongz, or you'll burn yourself out," Hobi whispers to me, sighing quietly as my thumb doesn't stop it's relentless touch.

"I need to find him, Hobi," my own voice quiet, drawing my hand away, afraid to destroy the sanctuary present around us.

"You can't find him if you're too exhausted to work. You have me, and Jimin, and Jin hyung and Namjoon. You're not alone in this, and together we will find him," Hobi's hands unlock from behind my neck, moving to cup my face.

"I can't stop, Hobi. I'm afraid if I stop, even for a mere second, that I'll lose him once again. That he'll slip right out my fingers, and I could never live with that. If only I had looked harder the first time, then perhaps we wouldn't be standing here, worried and afraid.