Jeon Jungkook

~*~

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

~*~

"It feels like this night is the end of you and me."

~*~

My heart constricts in the most painful way as I watch Jimin and Tae cut the cake. We had just finished taking pictures, ready to eat cake and food. Tae kept kissing Jimin's cheeks, whispering I love you's and happy anniversary as they fed each other the strawberry cake. Jimin even puts some of the frosting on Tae's nose, his beautiful laugh echoing in the room.

I couldn't get the picture of Jimin's elated face out of my mind when Tae proposed to him. How they had kissed, so much passion and love within their touches. They way they looked at each other afterwards, with so much care.

And it hurt that I knew that I could never have that with Jimin.

Tae hadn't done everything exactly as I had said. He wanted his own touches, meaning the bouquet was roses and there were no flower petals littering the floor. The pictures on the walls also had been his idea. 

My eyes shift to all the pictures hanging around the room, littering the walls. Some paintings done by Tae, others pictures taken by him. They were mostly of Jimin, but there were a few of him with Tae or the rest of us. My eyes linger on the one of him and I.

We had been at college, Jimin wearing a white turtleneck with a faded blue sweater that was just a little big on him. Round glasses rested on his nose, hair falling slightly curly, the orange mop looking beautiful. My back was to him, myself in a red turtleneck with a gray sweater. I hadn't wanted to take the picture, but Tae was visiting and he pestered me until I finally agreed. 

I couldn't lie, the picture was one of my favorites, a small smile present on my face. I look away from it, the ache just that much stronger. 

One of the canvases was covered with a cloth, not yet revealed, and it hung behind where Tae and Jimin stood, feeding each other cake. I had been wondering what it was considering it was the one thing Tae had not shared with me, saying it had to be kept a surprise.

I had obliged, not thinking of any reason as to why he should tell me to begin with. But the curiosity was eating at me. Thankfully, Tae thinks it's the perfect time for the reveal as he asks for everyone's undivided attention, which we give.

"First of all, thank you so much hyungs and Jungkookie for accepting me all those years ago," he meets every single one of our gazes and I give him a small forced smile as a pressure begins building up in my chest.

"As much as Jimin completes my life," he looks to Jimin with adoring eyes, arm snaking around his waist to pull him closer into his side as Jimin smiles back just as lovingly, "I also need each and everyone of you. You are more than just my friends. You are my family."