Kim Namjoon

~*~

~*~

"I can take my eyes off you but I can't take my heart off you."

~*~

I hadn't meant to overhear Jimin and Jin's conversation. But I had awoken with a start from a nightmare, surprised I even fell asleep to begin with. Yet I'd been more surprised when I heard hushed conversation floating in from the living room. Especially since as far as I knew, Jin was the only other person in the house at this time.

That's how I had stumbled upon Jimin and Jin in the living room, and overhearing the words Jimin had said to Jungkook. And though I was usually composed and rarely let anger get the best of me, I had been bottling up too much inside.

"How could you," I ask, causing both of them to jump up and look at me in surprise.

Jin was crying, tears streaming down his sunken cheeks. The heartbreak visible in my eyes was clearly reflected in his. I felt tears pooling in my own eyes as I hear Jimin say that he blamed Jungkook.

"How could you," I ask again, unable to stop my tears from overflowing.

"Namjoon hyung," Jimin says, making a move towards me but I'm quick to stop him by putting up my hand.

"Do you know what he's been through? I know that you've been grieving and hurting, but that does not give you the right to hurt others!"

"Namjoon," Jin moves next to me, lightly grabbing my arm. I look to him helplessly.

How do I explain to anyone of them how much I die each day not knowing where Jungkook was? How much my heart breaks knowing Jungkook blames himself? How much I hate myself for not being able to be enough, to be there for him?

"Namjoon, please," Jin pleads with me, and I look into his eyes, seeing the silent plea to stay silent. But I can't. No longer can I stay silent and watch Jungkook suffer.

"He needs to know," I reply before averting my attention to Jimin who is looking to us confused and ashamed.

"I remember the day Jungkook told us that he had decided to confess to you," I start, moving to sit on the sofa and they both do the same, "that smile, that happiness that was twinkling in his eyes, was unlike any. And it is one we have never again seen since that day in the café when you brought Taehyung, three years ago."

"I didn't know," Jimin whispers, eyes falling to the floor as a tear falls.

"I know, and I don't blame you for not loving him back. I could never blame you for that, Jimin, because that really was not your fault. That's not why I'm telling you this."

Jimin nods in understanding though I can tell he still blames himself to some extent, though that was not my wish at all. I just want him to understand.