Min Yoongi

~*~

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

~*~

"That's right, that's right, gently step on the shards that have shattered."

~*~

A month.

That's how long it's been since the day we lost Tae and it still feels so surreal. Everyday I feel as if he'll jump out of anywhere, his boxy smile on display as he laughs along to his jokes and talks of the strangest things.

Being a quiet person I never thought I'd ever look forward to his chatter. Yet, I always did. His words always provoked a sense of happiness within me and made me smile despite whatever mood I would be in. Tae was always such a bright and positive presence and we always felt that when he was there.

Now that he's not, everything seems dulled. As if life suddenly had a vignette filter on it, blurred from the sides.

I sigh for what seems the millionth time in the past few minutes. My hands rub at my eyes before running through my hair, making the already blonde mess even worse. I should try to look presentable considering I'm at work, but I can't seem to care.

Unwillingly, my eyes drift to the picture of Tae on my bookshelf. His smile was bright, teeth visible, lips pulled into that familiar boxy shape. His eyes were shining with life, a blue rivaling the sky. Hobi had set it up, a small incense stick constantly burning beside it. I had told him I didn't want it.

Didn't want a constant reminder.

But he refused to listen and now each day I'd be greeted with his picture. Greeted with the pain and the loss that didn't seem to lessen.

A knock at the door startles me, visibly jumping. I curse under my breath before shouting out an annoyed, "come in."

The door opens and Namjoon pops his head in, cautious from my tone. Seeing him, however, has me relaxing and I send a small smile his way to put him at ease. He smiles back before stepping in, hands full of coffee cups.

He kicks the door close behind him and I can't help but wince. He was notorious for breaking things or spilling things, or just being destructive in general. So I'm not much to blame for the anxious feeling I have as he walks the short distance from the door to my table with the coffee cups, unlidded.

A sigh of relief leaves my lips as he, without any occurrence, sets the coffee before me before seating himself.

"Namjoon, what brings you around," I gratefully take the coffee, sipping it and enjoying the bitter taste, just as I like it, though it wouldn't compare to the one Hobi would make for me.

"Just wanted to check up on you, Yoongi hyung. We haven't really seen each other since..." he trails off, not completing his sentence. He doesn't have to because I already know. We really hadn't met up since the day of Tae's funeral.