49 - The Reunion

"You let my prey escape." My eyes still locked with Tristan's.

"You'd really go and chase after another man while I'm here?" I straighten out at his question.

"Stealing a hunter's purpose is not advisable," I smirk and in return, he smiles genuinely.

"Is that the only thing I managed to steal?" Looking down my bare chest for a moment I think about his question. I know what he wants to hear, but I can't say it. Not even now I can force myself to admit it. Every time I say it out loud someone dies. I just can't...

"You stole my clothes... again."

A little chuckle before he kneels down in front of me. I can't hide my surprise as I watch him wrapping his arms around my waistline and leaning his cheek against my abdomen. He takes a deep breath of my scent.

"That's a ridiculous position, Tristan..." I whisper, trying to hide my uncertainty about that situation. "Is that so..." he murmurs. His hands wander to my sides leaving goosebumps on my complete upper body. "Crystal clear."

"Ah... but it is fine when you do it?" he scolds, placing a soft kiss next to my navel. "Tristan..." I have to clear my throat. "I told you, we have all day, my moon." His fingers wander down to open my pants, while I take a look outside. The sun is about to rise I think, even though it's hard to say with all that rain. I can only hope that none of those nosy beasts will risk burnings just to see the two of us.

While I still worry about our reputation Tristan shoves down my remaining clothes and I shiver at the sudden cold breeze. "Tristan..." I try once more to start and express myself. He looks up to me without stopping to caress my outer thighs. He hums a question as I keep on looking at him. "I..." I sigh. How to say that whatever he is about to do is of no use? He already knows...

"Does it hurt?" he asks and I shake my head honestly.

"Does it feel bad?"

"No..."

"But?"

"...but it doesn't get us anywhere." He wears a smile on his lips as he places another kiss on my hip. Slowly he trails further between my legs before he reaches my manliness. A soft kiss; that's all.

That's all it needs for me to tense up completely. Every muscle of mine starts to shiver and I can't control it. I managed to not let anybody touch me there over a hundred years and he just kisses it as if it's a precious good. Tristan looks up to me again. "Everything okay?" Of course not! There is a reason why I always pushed him away from that part of my body.

"Perfectly fine," I press out and he grins before getting up and cupping my cheeks. "I know why you prefer not to say anything at all instead of lying. You are not very good at it." I roll my eyes while he takes off his coat only to place it around my shoulders and cover me fully.

It's far too long for me but it is warm and smells so good. I run my fingers through the attached fur at the shoulder pieces to hold it in place. It's funny how easy he has seen through me and made me feel comfortable again in an instant. "That suits you, Lord Blackwood," he mocks.

"I'm no lord."

"Didn't you say we are family? I would like to at least share my last name with you so that the world knows that too."

"That's not advisable either, Tristan. I'm a criminal and you see what my enemies are capable of. Over the years I got ... a few. If you'd give me your last name, the world would know how to bring us both down. I don't want to be your weak spot. Let alone what internal struggles would occur within the council. Can you imagine the Frog to accept me next to you?" I argue.