Introduction

A small intro.

Maya

Do you know that in different languages/ religions/ countries, the name Maya have different meaning.
Like in Hindi, Maya means Illusion.
In Hebrew, Maya means Spring.
In Nepali, Maya means Love.
In Old Persian, Maya means generous.

But for here, Maya means none of the above!
Maya is just another name of helplessness.
My name is Maya...

Maya Stones

That's me up there

That's me up there...
Born to a British father and Indian mother, I always thought that I'm lucky enough to be half British and half Indian.

Maa always said to me that Dad was the best yet worst thing to happen to her..

Why???

Simple...

Because his love had gave her a reason to live after she lost her brother but his betrayal had broke her trust leaving her alone.

They were both very happy the first 3 years of their wedding and my arrival in the second year had completed their small world.

But one day suddenly Dad sent Maa back to India saying that due to some business problems, as it would better that Maa and I stay away from him for few days.

I still remember few days turned in weeks.. And  weeks turned into months... And those months turned into 15 long years..
That's right I had not seen my father even once for 15 years.

Maa says that at the start he used to write letters and  call us but with time the calls and letters gradually ceased completely. And when ever she spoke of coming back to him, Dad completely refused her. Later when Maa suddenly returned back without informing him, she found out that he had cheated her. After he sent her away, he married another woman. He said that we meant nothing for him and now he no longer wanted us back in his life.

At that time I was 10.
It was the first time I had seen my mother crying and soo broken. After she returned learning about my father's betrayal, she was in shock. As she had not expected this at all from dad.
That day I saw Maa change. Though she pretended that she forgave Dad, I knew that she was not able to.
My mother had always been a very brave lady, I had always seen her standing strong and fighting all odds in those years where she had only me and I had only her. Not even once in those 8 years she let me miss dad. Though I knew that she missed him to the core and her eyes always shined each time there was a knock at the door in the hope that it was her husband who came back to her realising his mistake, but each and every time all that she got was disappointment as he never came even once. But still she tried her best in hiding her pain away from me.