Sushi For Beginners

Title: Sushi For Beginners
Author: spazzyskittles/Tiffany
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Ryan Ross/Brendon Urie, Jon Walker/Spencer Smith
POV: 3rd person, Ryan-centric
Summary: Ryan hates sushi, and Spencer couldn't care less.
Disclaimer: I don't own Panic at the Disco. If this is real, Jon is making me some miso soup. Title taken from a Marian Keyes novel, though the plot of it has nothing to do with this story.

Sushi For Beginners

As he handed his credit card to the hipster behind the counter at American Apparel, Ryan heard his stomach growl. He frowned and tilted his head to look at his belly as if telling it to hush up, but it so obviously didn't listen because it just growled back even louder, loud enough at least for the sales clerk to hear since she giggled quietly while putting the three different colored V-neck tees into a plastic bag. While signing the receipt, Ryan saw Spencer out of the corner of his eye come up next to him with a small pile of clothes in his arms.

Ryan smiled politely at the girl as he accepted his copy of the receipt and then turned to see Spencer hand over the clothes. "You know, Spence," he said in an amused voice, "you're not fat. You can wear shirts that aren't black."

"You don't have to tell me I have a hot bod. Jon tells me everyday," Spencer said seriously as he handed the girl yet another black henley.

Ryan had a retort ready, but his stomach decided to interrupt him and growl yet again, causing Spencer to pause in the middle of pulling out his wallet. He turned to Ryan and laughed, and Ryan pouted ever so slightly. “I’m hungry.”

“Obviously,” Spencer said as he grabbed the bag full of clothes from the girl. “What do you want to eat?”

“Burgers?” Ryan suggested half-heartedly as they walked out of the store. He didn’t really care.

“No…” Spencer mumbled and glanced around where they stood. “Ah ha! Sushi! Over there.” He pointed enthusiastically to a restaurant, Morimoto Sushi.

Ryan just groaned in disgust. “You know I hate sushi.”

“Yeah, you’re weird,” Spencer replied as he marched off determinedly towards the Japanese restaurant. Ryan stood stubbornly where he was, arms crossed and huffing indignantly. For all of ten seconds.

“Spencer, wait up!” he called out, and Ryan jogged up to him.

Spencer led Ryan to the podium where a pretty woman stood. The hostess looked up with a flip of her black hair and smiled. “Spencer! How are you?”

“You know him?” Ryan asked her, bewildered.

She laughed. “Of course I do,” she told Ryan after giving Spencer a wink. “He and Jon are my favorite couple.” She paused, looked between the two men, and furrowed her brow. “You guys aren’t…?” she asked concernedly, mostly directed to Spencer.

“Oh no, no,” Spencer said as he shook his head, chuckling. “God, no.”

Ryan crossed his arms. “Hey! What’s wrong with me?”

Spencer tilted his head and gave Ryan his best “Bitch, please” look, earning him an annoyed sigh. “No, Miranda, Jon’s stuck at work. This is my friend Ryan. He,” Spencer looked suspiciously to his left and to his right, then lowered his voice, “doesn’t like sushi.” To top it off, he raised his hands and shook his head as if to say “What’re you gonna do?” Ryan rolled his eyes at the display.

“Anyway,” Spencer said in his normal tone, “is Bren-”

“Spencer!” a voice shouted from behind Miranda towards the back of the restaurant. Miranda just smiled and stepped aside so that he could walk further into the restaurant, leaving Ryan to trail grudgingly behind him. When he caught up with Spencer, he saw him giving a man behind the sushi bar a seemingly complicated bro-five before taking a seat in front of him.