The Birthday One Shot

P.s. this was originally written about Ryan's 30th birthday but I'm changing it so it's Brendon's 32nd:))) also, i changed the character's around (where is says Brendon, originally said Ryan vice versa) but it wouldn't have made much sense otherwise.

Summary: A cute little ryden fluff thing for Brendon's birthday.

"You are not actually taking a bubble bath." Brendon stared at Ryan who was indeed laying in a pile of bubbles in Brendon's tub. Ryan always made fun of him for taking baths. He had just gotten home that late afternoon and when he had called for Ryan, his boyfriend had texted for him to come upstairs in response. "I am not seeing my boyfriend, who gives me so much shit for my baths, taking a bubble bath. And are you using my sandalwood bath bombs-"

"Are you going to get in here with me or not? I didn't text for you to come in here for you to-"

"You are never gonna give me shit about taking baths again Ryan-"

"Will you just get in here with me? I know you're sore from working out Brendon."

He was definitely sore-he had been weight training-but Brendon wasn't quite finished giving Ryan a hard time. Maybe he shouldn't have been giving Ryan a hard time since it was two days before his birthday but he couldn't help it. They were celebrating Brendon's birthday, just the two of them, a day early because Brendon would be hanging out with everyone on his actual birthday. "Maybe I showered already. Have you noticed I'm not in my work out shit?" He had dropped his duffel bag in his laundry room on the way up.

"Okay I know you think gym showers are disgusting so it's not like you spent more than five minutes in there." Now Ryan was full on pouting at him. He had turned onto his stomach and was purposefully teasing Brendon with his ass.

"They are disgusting but that's not gonna work Ry."

"What?" Ryan asked innocently, arching his spine a little more.

"What you're doing right now."

"Brendon don't make me get out of this tub and take those clothes off for you."

Brendon rolled his eyes and finally began stripping. He stepped into the tub on the opposite side from Ryan and was soon sitting across from him in the water. Ryan moved closer and was sitting on his knees with his hands on either side of Brendon. "Like pulling teeth to get my boyfriend to take a bath with me." He pecked Brendon on the mouth.

When Brendon proceeded to grab his ass Ryan sat back in his former position. "Maybe you don't get to touch my ass Bren. Not if you're gonna act like this when I try to get you into bed tomorrow. But I think you'll want to get into bed with me considering what I have planned for tomorrow."

"And what do you have planned for tomorrow?" Brendon humored him and asked.

"I'm taking you to a Kings game. Happy Birthday babe." Ryan beamed. Brendon was kind of stunned. Ryan? Taking him to a hockey game? His Ryan? The same Ryan that wouldn't know a thing about hockey (or sports in general) even if he needed it to save his life? That Ryan?

"Really? I mean, are you sure Ry? You're kind of clueless about hockey."

Ryan's smile got even bigger. He had a look on his face like he did something right. "Come on Brendon, I get to watch you get mad for stupid sports reasons and laugh about it. That's enough for me to take you."

"Well, I don't think you called me up here just to tell me that you're taking me to a Kings game." Brendon leaned so close over Ryan in the water that he was on top of him. Ryan ran his hands over Brendon's frame. "I think you called me up here to start celebrating early, didn't you Ryan?"