Out With His Wisdom Teeth!

"I can't believe I have to get my wisdom teeth out. I thought when you turned thirty that you didn't have to do that anymore and you got to keep them." Ryan complained to Brendon over the phone.

"Well, what's wrong with them, Ry?" Brendon asked him.

Ryan was clearly less than thrilled as he answered and told Brendon what the dentist had told him. "They're impacted or something. Anyway, will you come with me and watch me while I'm fucked on pain meds?"

"You think I'm gonna turn down watching my boyfriend all high on pain meds? Hell no. I'm disappointed in you for even thinking that Ry." Brendon said back to him. "I'd also be a really bad boyfriend if I left my Ryan to fend for himself in what is clearly his time of need."

Ryan made a dismissive huffing noise. "I wouldn't be that dramatic about it. But anyway, it's in a few days."

"Are they doing surgery or is it the freeze and yank deal?"

Ryan scoffed. "They're doing surgery. Do you really think I'm gonna let them freeze and yank when I can afford to pay for anesthesia?"

"Good point. So do I have to feed you all your food through a straw after? Put it in the blender." Brendon teased.

"No Brendon. That's disgusting. I can eat stuff once the bleeding stops and the numbness goes away if it is soft."

"Exactly. Put it in the blender." Brendon pressed, trying not to laugh as he imagined his boyfriend's expression.

"I will kick you in the nuts if you do that to me," Ryan informed him.

This made Brendon laugh. "Ryan. I'm teasing you. I'm not gonna put your food in the blender."

###

Ryan stirred in Brendon's bed at the end of the week. His lower jaws were packed with super absorbent gauze that the surgeon had put in for him before Brendon had driven him back to his house. Brendon had guided him right into bed when they got back. Ryan needed to sleep after arguing with Brendon for five minutes straight at the hospital about whether or not he was going to follow standard procedure and be pushed out to the car in a wheelchair and standard after surgery procedure won out over Ryan's anesthetic/hydrocodone high.

Ryan looked around Brendon's bedroom in a way that was both groggy and startled at the same time. "What? Did I already do the surgery? I am not fucking doing that again! I thought I already did it!" He said frantically.

Brendon, who was in the bed on his tablet next to him and had been keeping a watchful eye on his sleeping boyfriend, quickly quieted Ryan. "Ryan. Sweetheart. Relax. You're home with me and the dogs. Surgery is done."

"Shit," Ryan lay back against the pillows, "I dreamed that I dreamed I had the surgery but I didn't actually have the surgery."

"You had the surgery, Ryan. Do you want me to get you anything?"

Ryan shook his head. "No. I just want to go back to bed."

"Okay."

"Actually Bren? Can you get me more gauze? This is like soaked through."

Brendon got up and went into the bathroom. When he got back Ryan was absently tapping one of his cotton filled cheeks.

Ryan had started to laugh. He continued to do so and stared right at Brendon. "Brendon, I'm a damn hamster."