I'll Be At The Cabin For Our Christmas

It seems like an amazing idea to go back to the cabin in December. So that's what they do.

The snow is really light when they get there, but Brendon is bouncing in his seat with excitement. It's just the four of them this time. No one else is needed to come – they're not doing any official band stuff, though Ryan has of course brought his book in case inspiration strikes him and his fingers itch to write. They also brought a couple of acoustic guitars, but really. None of this is official band stuff. They're going to spend most of December together until they all have to head home for Christmas. So they're basically spending their own kind of Christmas together Panic-style, which is always fun. Jon also brought his camera and Spencer brought his fake excitement, but he brought some real excitement too.

The car pulls up to the house and before it can even fully stop, Brendon and Jon are climbing out of the backseat of Ryan's car, Brendon making snowballs while Jon is trying to open the front door. Brendon throws it at the back of Jon's neck, causing him to squeal in horror.

“Ah, fuck! Brendon, I'm gonna kill you!” Jon tosses the keys on the small table on the deck before following Brendon, who's laughing and running away from the bassist.

Ryan and Spencer take their time getting out of the car, tightening their jackets around their upper bodies. “Brendon's going to get a cold in less than two days,” Ryan sighs, squinting his eyes as he looks around at the bright snow around him.

“Shottie not taking care of him,” Spencer says, shooting a grin to Ryan. Immediately he huffs and crosses his arms to his best friend, because of course he would say that.

“You'd much rather take care of Jon, wouldn't you?” Ryan replies, a smirk sliding across his lips as Spencer's face falls. “Gotcha.” He walks away from Spencer before he says anything else, simply trying to win the argument. Even though it's not a real argument, Ryan likes to think he won anyway.

He grabs the keys off of the table and unlocks the door successfully, opening in and looking around. A soft smile appears on his face as he walks more into the cabin, his chest warming up to the thought of being here again. The first time was absolutely amazing, in more ways than one, and he's glad that it's theirs for the time being. There's no interviewers around, no security (though they love Zack dearly), no stress to write songs, no nothing. Just a nice vacation, just the four of them.

Ryan walks into the kitchen, opening the refrigerator first and grinning when he sees it full with all of their favorite things. Hostess cakes and red bull for Brendon, Starbucks iced coffees and pizza rolls for Jon, Gatorade and pear apples for Spencer, and Vitamin Water and pre-made Caesar salads for Ryan. (Thank you, Zack, for calling in early to make sure they stock up on their favorites.)

There's footsteps by the front door and Ryan shuts the refrigerator door before walking around and looking down the small hallway that leads to the door, seeing Spencer putting their suitcases inside.

“Jeez, you could've asked me to come and help you, Spence,” Ryan tells him, following his bandmate back outside to the open trunk. Ryan grabs his and Jon's suitcases, Jon's being seemingly light for some reason. Jon's not one to pack heavily anyway, but it's cold around here. To be honest, Ryan's surprised that he even brought a coat.

He walks up the few stairs, onto the deck, and inside to place the bags next to the rest. Walking around Spencer, he goes back out and sees Jon and Brendon running around in the snow. Slowly he heads towards the car again, eyes still on the two boys laughing with each other. Ryan smiles softly and goes to grab another bag in the car, then hearing his name being yelled across the front lawn. His head jerks up as he looks in the direction, seeing Brendon on Jon's back, arms wrapped around his neck while Jon holds him under his legs securely.