All I Want Is You Tonight

Summary: Just because they're in a class together doesn't mean they have to like each other, right? It's exactly what Ryan thinks. But Brendon seems to think otherwise.

Jon follows Ryan out of the back of the school towards the picnic tables, where Ryan does his best work. Jon doesn't know why he comes with him, but he knows Ryan doesn't really like to be alone. So why not? Plus, it gives him time before he has to go home after school. He doesn't want to deal with his brothers.

Ryan, on the other hand, is most creative when he's outside. He loves nature, loves the smell of freshly cut grass, loves the wind. It's always a plus living in Las Vegas because the temperature is always nice. He wears jeans and long sleeved shirts sometimes, but whatever. He likes feeling warm all the time.

They walk over to their regular table and Jon hops on it, planting himself down and opening his bag of Doritos. He has a soft smile on his face and Ryan chuckles a little bit, because the simplest things can make Jon happy. Like a bag of flavored tortilla chips. Ryan slides his legs under the picnic table and places his sketch book down, dropping his pencil on top of it.

“What should I draw?” he asks, squinting his eyes as he looks over at his friend.

Jon digs his hand into the bag and shrugs, licking the ranch flavored seasoning off of his lips only to get it on them again once he eats another chip. “I don't know. How are you feeling today? How was your day?”

“Ordinary.” He runs his fingers through his messy hair and takes a deep breath of the fresh air in, letting it blow back out and some through his nose. “Nothing is ever inspiring anymore. Everything is always the same. It's just, like, everyday, all we do is live.”

“Well, yeah. That's why we're on this earth. To live.”

Ryan nods. “Yeah. I guess. But, um. Everyone should have some more of a purpose in life. Do what you want, be who you want to be.”

“We're only teenagers,” Jon counters.

He doesn't say anything after that, but grabs his pencil and opens his sketchbook. Once he begins drawing the outline of a tree trunk, Ryan hears a loud group of people and tilts his head up, squinting his eyes and seeing them. The track team. He doesn't know why he draws when he can so obviously hear almost everything they say. But whatever. He doesn't care, he can draw wherever the hell he wants, and he just happens to like drawing over here.

Over on the field, he starts jogging with a couple of his close friends on the team, going around the track three times, like all practices start out.

Brendon jogs with Gabe, Alex, Pete, Spencer, and William. Oddly, for some reason, Brendon is the center of attention today because one of the cutest, non-single girls in their school asked him to prom. And, um, yeah. Brendon doesn't give two shits about girls.

“You should've said yes, dude,” Gabe tells him, arms pumping at his sides. “Just so you have a date and shit, you know? Once prom gets closer and whatever, then it'll be way harder to find a date. Granted, it's two months away, but.”

“Gabe, we all know Brendon likes it up the ass,” William smirks, causing everyone around him (except Brendon, but that's a given) to laugh.

Brendon turns to look at William with a sweet smile on his face. “Only up your hot, tight ass,” he comments, “since, you know, you're my bitch and all.”

The echoes around them, the 'ooh's are teasing, and William glares hard but stays silent, letting the boys around him taunt. But what the fuck ever.

“Well, who are you going to take to prom?” Pete asks, slightly shrugging his shoulders as they continue to jog.

Brendon sighs. “I don't know. I might not even go, I have no reason to and it's not like I want to go with any douche bag at this school anyway.”