Dynamic Melody

If all our life is but a dream. Fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea for diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me.

x~x~x~x

"Sweetheart, I know you don't want to go but you know your grandfather's very sick."

"But, moooom. You know I hate going to Grandpa's house. It stinks of cigarettes and…dust. I mean, it's his fault he's sick. We told him to stop drinking and smoking but he didn't listen. He's gonna die anyway…"

"Brendon!"

"What?! It's the truth!"

"Darling, please. It's the least you could do. I have to stay to take care of your younger brothers and your father works all day. And it's always your older brother doing me all the favors. You know he's always there to help-"

"It's always about Dallin, isn't it! He's has always been the son you've always wanted and the rest of us were just an ACCIDENT!"

"Brendon, you know it isn't like that! I love you all equally and-"

"Bullshit."

SLAM.

"Stupid mom. Stupid Dallin. Stupid Grandpa. Stupid dad. Stupid, stupid, stupid!" Brendon muttered under his breath. The woman aside of him stared at him from the corner of her eye nervously and backed away ever so slightly, trying to make sure he doesn't notice. It was like if he was a bomb ready to tick off.

The bus station wasn't very full as it usually is. There were few people sitting in the blue benches waiting for their bus to arrive and take them to their destination. Most of them old people or a poor family with numerous kids. Brendon grimaced.

What was he doing here again? Ah, right. He was forced to come by his dear mother and take care of his grandpa for the day. But, why couldn't he drive himself again? He is seventeen anyway, old enough to gain his driver's license.

Well, his dad doesn't trust him enough to be responsible to drive alone.

That's right, even though he's the second oldest of the Urie kids, he still hasn't earned his father's trust. Dallin had it all.

Suddenly, a bus arrived to park right in front of Brendon, where the bus that was supposed to be going to his grandpa's town was supposed to be. A couple of people started filing in and handing their tickets to the woman before going in and disappearing through the doors.

"Ticket."

Brendon stared at her before sliding his hand in his back pocket of his tight pants and handing her his ticket.

"It's fine." She said solemnly and returned his ticket. He restrained himself from saying a smart-ass comment and settled for just rolling his eyes and crumbling his ticket back into his pocket.

Brendon pushed his way through the people putting his stuff in the small storage place on top of their seats and used his bag with his stuff to shove people in his way. Not even caring when he shoved an old man and almost made him fall and have a heart attack.

"Is this seat taken?"

Brendon looked up and saw an old man with a cane and shook his head, pressing the back of his knees to the edge of the seat to let the man pass and sit next to the window. Brendon preferred the aisle and he sure as hell wouldn't move just for an old crinkly man.

"What is a young man like you doing here alone?" The man suddenly asked, after a long while waiting for the bus to actually move. Brendon turned his head to face him, surprised, and shrugged.