TreeBros-Bruises

Warning: alcohol abuse

An: Connor goes out for drinks every night, leaving Evan alone most of the time

Evan's POV

I wrapped myself tighter in the blanket, sniffling.

"Hey, I know I can't physically be there, but I'm here for you, Evan," My mom said from the phone. I had FaceTimed her for the third time that week, because of what Connor was doing. Every night, Connor would head out to the local bar after work. And he'd stay there until it closes, doing god knows what. I sniffed, wiping streaming tears down my eyes.

"Th-thanks, Mom," I tried my best to keep my voice steady for my mom. She had been through so much already, and with me on top of it, life was getting harder for her. I wanted her to not have to worry about me. I wish everything could be different.

"Well, Jeremy is asking about you every day. He and Michael say hello!" My mom smiled. I half-smiled, thinking about my stepbrother and his fiancé, Michael.

"Tell then I said hi. How is Paul?" I asked.

"He's doing good! He and I went on a date last night!" Mom fake-gasped, as I giggled. "There's that smile. Now why don't you get a shower, clean your face up, and I'll call you back tomorrow? I love you!"

"Sounds good, Mom. I love you, too!" I said. My mom hung up on me, leaving the world a silent place. I escaped from my blanket, and grabbed some clothes.

————-

I was halfway asleep when I heard a noise in the bathroom.

Oh my god. Someone was in my apartment. Oh my god. Someone is gonna kill me. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god...

I leapt out of bed, grabbing the baseball bat with nails, and headed to the bathroom to destroy whoever was in there. Closer and closer, the thing kept getting louder. I could feel my heartbeat in my neck at this point. (Y'all know what I'm talking about. When you're so scared or tired and you feel your heartbeat in your neck) I got go the door, took a deep breath, and opened it. Connor
was standing there with a towel around his waist.

"EVAN! KNOCK!" Connor shouted at me, trying to push me out of the bathroom. I struggled against him, but Connor was stronger, and managed to get me out.

"Connor, we've lived together for five years. I've seen you naked plenty of times," I said to him from outside the bathroom.

"Evan. Knock."

I slowly opened the door, and stepped inside. I stood in front of the door, so Connor couldn't force me out again.

"It seems to me as if you have forgotten. This is my house. Not yours. Yours is the bar three blocks down," I gave a cold death stare at Connor. And that's when I noticed the bruises on Connor's neck, trailing down his chest and torso.

Wait. Those aren't bruises. Those are hickeys.

He saw me staring, and covered his upper body with the towel.

"Please, Evan. You're all I've got," He choked, his eyes filling with tears. "I love you, Evan."

My eyes became watery. I stared into Connor's bloodshot eyes. "Connor?"

"Yes, Evan?" He looked hopeful.

"Get out of my house." He looked surprised by me. "Now."

Weeeellllllll theeeeennnnnnnn...

Hope y'all liked that!

I will try and update more this week!! 

Peace out! ✌🏻