RichJake-Hopessly Devoted to You (pt 2)

Hey peeps! Some people requested a part two to the first one, so here it is!

Also I love my Dino keychain. His name is Ron.

Enjoy part two!

The air whipped around Rich as he entered the parking lot. He found Christine's car, and climbed in the driver's seat. He wasn't gonna go anywhere. He looked up, seeing Christine heading towards him. He rubbed his forehead. She didn't go to the passenger's side though. She went to his window. He rolled it down, expecting her to ask him to move.

"Hey." Her breath made fog. "You okay? You sorta freaked out in there."

"I'm fine."

A pause.

"Chrissy, I still love him." Rich moved his hands towards the steering wheel, tracing over the shapes.

"Jake?" She asked, even though she already know. Rich nodded. She pursed her lips. "Is there anything I can do? Could I get you something? Advice? Do you wanna go home?"

"Can I be alone? I won't drive off, I promise." Rich held up his hands. Christine slowly nodded.

"Yeah...It's freezing out here. You can turn on some heat if you want."

"I will."

"Well, I'll be inside. Just text me if you need me, okay?" She asked.

"Okay." He looked away from her. Christine waved and headed back inside. Rich didn't want to turn on the heat. He wanted himself to be alone with his thoughts. Nothing could get to him out here. Absolutely nothing.

Except who walked out the door next.

Jake looked around and started walking towards Christine's car. Rich locked the doors, shuddering at the loud click! Jake surely must have heard that. There's no way he couldn't have.

Yet there he stood at the window, waiting for Rich to roll down the window. Rich took a breath. Jake has broken his heart. Could he roll down the window for him? I mean, didn't Rich just sing some love song for him? Jake's eyes seemed to look brighter in the cold and dark night.

Jake waved through the window. Rich sighed, and rolled it down.

"Hey..." Jake said. Rich didn't respond. "Can we talk?"

Rich ignored him again.

"Rich?" Jake asked. "Look, I just need to clear some stuff up. And I don't care if I have to do it in the cold or in the car. I just need your attention."

Rich didn't say anything. Then he looked at Jake. He sighed again.

"Get in the car." Rich unlocked the car, much to jakes delight. Jake walked to the passenger side, opened the door, and climbed inside. He rubbed his hands together, trying to make them warm. "What do you have to say?"

"Rich, I'm so sorry. For everything," Jake said. "I'm sorry for what I said to you. I'm so glad I saw you tonight."

"Hmm..." Rich nodded.

"Your guard is up, and I know why." Jake looked at Rich. "The last time you saw me is burned in the back of your mind."

Rich didn't say anything.

"So this is me, sitting right here, swallowing all my pride, saying I'm sorry for everything," Jake said very quickly. "It turns out, this feeling isn't anything but me missing you all the time."

"I..." Rich began, but didn't finish. He couldn't finish.

"I mean, I've been losing sleep over this. Every time I close my eyes, I still see that look on your face when I left." Jake paused. "And there's that look."

Rich shifted his face as best as he could. "I'm sorry."

"Richie, it's me who's supposed to be sorry." Jake laughed. He had used his nickname for Rich. Rich got chills down his neck when he heard that name being used. "Oh god, I didn't mean to call you that."

"No it's fine," Rich stammered.

"It's just that-"

"I love you," Rich burst out. "And I know you don't want to-"

"I love you more." Jake reached out, put a hand on Rich's collar, and pulled him into a kiss. Rich felt like everything that was good was finally coming back. All the hurt, sadness, and frustration were gone.

Rich pulled away, breathless. He and Jake burst into laughing. Rich's eyes welled up, and soon his face was streaming with tears. Happy tears. Jake was also crying too. Both boys kissed again, pulling away laughing and crying.

"There are only two times I want to be with you." Jake wiped a tear. "Now and forever."

Rich smiled, pulling him into another kiss.

Awww this was fun to write. Don't we all love a happy ending?

Requests!!!!!!!

Also if y'all want me to put pictures here, like memes, random photos, my pets, or just anything, tell me!

Stay snazzy! 💕