Treebros-Spelling it Out

I saw another one shot like this, and I wanted to write it sooo badly!

THANK YOU FOR 1K READS!!! This means sooooooo much to me, and I appreciate all of you!

FtmTrans!Evan

Credit to Heere_To_Make_Puns

Connor's POV

"I'm home, Evan!" I called. Evan was nowhere to be found. "Evan?"

I walked around the apartment, calling my husband's name, but he would not respond. Something told me Evan was home, just not responding to me. Oh god, I hope he wasn't having an anxiety attack. I was not the best at helping him through these, as his mom, or Zoe was. Unfortunately, Zoe and Ms. Hansen lived in New Jersey, while Evan and I lived in an apartment complex, in New York City.

"Evan, are you okay? Where are you?" I yelled, walking into the kitchen. I spotted a note on the counter, and read whatever it said.

Look in the oven.-Your Insanely Cool husband, Evan.

Look in the oven? What was he talking about? Nevertheless, I walked over to the oven, and cautiously opened it. I didn't really expect to see what I did when I opened the oven door.

On the pan was a hamburger bun.

"Why is there a hamburger bun in here?" I yelled. Surprisingly, Evan appeared out of the bedroom, wearing a light blue hoodie, and trying not to smile too much. He looked happier than one of those girls in those stupid tampon commercials my sister hates. Needless to say, I had absolutely no clue why a single hamburger bun would be in the oven.

"Think about it!" Evan giggled, as I tried to think about the fact there is a fucking hamburger bun in the oven. "I got nothing," I told him.

"Well, tell me what you see," Evan said. He was not gonna straight-up tell me what a hamburger bun meant.

"A hamburger bun in the oven. Why is there only one? Evan, tell me what this means!" I shouted. He laughed.

"No, what does it mean?" He asked me, smirking.

"I don't fucking know! What does it mean? Are we having hamburgers for dinner?"

"Not unless you want them. What do you see?" He implored. I knew he would make me guess, or he was only doing this because he wanted to see me frustrated.

"A hamburger bun. In the oven," I said flatly.

"Take out the hamburger."

"There isn't a hamburger! It's just the bread! Why in the name of Heather Chandler-"

"Okay yes. It's just a bun. Where is the bun?" He sighed. I could tell he was getting frustrated with me not knowing why a hamburger bun was in the oven. And the oven wasn't even on!

"It's in the oven," I answered, sighing. Could this get anymore confusing?

"Now put it together!" He said.

"A bun in the oven." I paused. "What does this-Hold on." I looked at him, trying to believe what I thought was happening. "No way."

He smiled and nodded. "It's true!"

"Oh. My. God." I couldn't even think straight. "Oh. My. God. Is this real?"

"I just took a test today. Connor, we're gonna be dads!" Evan wrapped his arms around my still-shocked body. I hugged back, kissing the top of his blonde head. I could feel tears prickle in my eyes. Evan and I separated, gazing into each other's eyes. He reached his hand up to my eye, and wiped a tear trailing down.

"Oh my god," I laughed. Evan placed his hands on my cheeks, gazing at me with love-struck eyes. "I'm a dad."

Evan embraced me, wrapping his arms around me again, as I squeezed him back. My mind was going a million miles at once, and I could not concentrate on anything that was happening in the world. It felt like the whole world had aligned with something perfect. I kissed the top of my husband's head, smelling the peppermint-scented shampoo he uses. We pulled away, and I noticed wet marks on my shirt. Evan wiped his eyes.

"Sorry for the waterworks." He sniffed.

"You're okay. Have you told anyone else?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"I wanted you to be the first person to know. Are you okay?" He asked me. I didn't know what he meant, until I felt hot tears rolling down my face. I wiped them, letting out a laugh.

"I'm okay. And you know?" I said.

"What?"

"There's nowhere else I'd rather be," I say. He laughs.

"Me too," He wiped his eyes, which kept filling with tears.

"And this is how I know, that it could be us. And only us." And with that, my lips met Evan's. I set my hands on his hips, closing my eyes. The world around us was being ignored, as I deepened the kiss. It felt like everything bad that has ever happened had washed away by a simple touch of light. Evan and I separated after a while, staring into each other's eyes.

"Who'd believe that we two, would end up as lovers?" I asked Evan.