Treebros-In Case You Don't Live Forever (Pt. 1)

Hey yallllll! (Lol I can you guess I'm from the south because I say y'all?)

Also for funsies: Guess what AC stands for!!! (If you don't know)

So this will have an ending A and an ending B!!! You can read either or both if you want!!!!

Requested by Elsa_Ruby_Winters and @Jared_Is_A_Kinky_Boy

TW: drug abuse, angstttttt, panic

If you need to talk to me about ANYTHING, please feel free to pm me. I care about all of you so much, and I never want to stand by while someone suffers.

"Connor, you can't miss anymore school. If you don't go today, you'll have to repeat this year!" Mrs. Murphy said. She was leaning against the doorframe of her son's bedroom, even though the sign in his door clearly stated not to come inside.

Connor groaned. "I'll go tomorrow..."

"Connor..." Mrs. Murphy walked into the dark room. She sat on the edge of Connor's bed. Her son was sprawled on the top, his long hair in his face. She tucked a bit of hair behind his ear. His eyes were red. "Connor?"

Connor grunted in response.

"What did you do?" Mrs. Murphy asked. She should have known something was off about him.

"He's not gonna tell the truth. He's probably high," said a voice from the doorway. Mrs. Murphy turned, seeing her daughter, Zoe.

"No..." Connor groaned.

"He's definitely high," Zoe said, matter-of-fact.

"I don't need you picking at your brother right now," Mrs. Murphy replied. "And besides, he is not high."

"I'm not..." Connor said. "I'll go. I'll get ready."

"Well, I'm leaving in ten minutes. If Connor's not ready, I'm leaving without him!" Zoe flounced off to her room.

Mrs. Murphy sighed, getting up and leaving the room.

She didn't know if anyone can tell, but that's just her pretending to know...

————

Evan hadn't seen Connor all day. He fiddled with the paper in his hand. On it was something important for him to say to Connor.

Connor was in all of his classes, but two. He usually had three to four with him a day, but he hadn't seen him at all. No matter how much Evan had called him, his phone went straight to voicemail.

He dialed Zoe, but the same happened to hers.

He had texted both of them, but neither one had responded.

He decided to call their mom, Cynthia.

He dialed her number, and it rang twice before she picked up.

"Mrs. Cynthia?"

"Hey, Evan." Her voice sounded like she had been crying.

"Uhm, are you okay?" Evan asked.

"I'm fine."

"Uh, where's Connor and Zoe? Are they not at school?"

"Connor's in the hospital. He overdosed."

"What?" Evan couldn't believe it. Ms. Cynthia sniffed. "Is he alive?"

"I'm sorry. He's alive, but not awake. He came in late last night, and he was getting ready for school this morning. I heard a thump and went in to see if he had fallen...and there he was. On the ground."