KinkyBoots-Grow for Me (Pt. 1)

Flower Shop AU!!!!

On the twenty-third day of the month of March, the human race suddenly encountered a deadly threat to its very existence, and this terrifying enemy surfaced, as such enemies often do in the seemingly most innocent and unlikely of places

Jared watched as his watering can filled up with water from the sink in the back. He sighed, preparing for another day at the flower shop. He had only been there for a year, just to earn some money, but the long hours at the shop just didn't pay him enough. It wasn't that Jared didn't like plants, he just wasn't too fond of the owner of the shop, Mr. Reyes.

Mr. Reyes was a middle-aged man, who liked to take matters into his own hands. He often expected a little more than what Jared could offer to him, but hey, isn't that sometimes how life goes?

Well, perhaps, there was one thing that Jared could look forward to every day in the shop. Every day, a short girl named Christine would walk past the shop. About once or twice a week, she'd walk in, and see what the shop could sell that day. Jared always felt his stomach tighten when she walked past the shop.

"Oh!" Jared noticed his watering can overflowing. He turned the handle on the sink, and dried his wet hands on his shirt.

Jared walked over to a pot of flowers, and he slowly watered them. He then moved on to the next pot of petunias, and lowered his can towards the plants.

Christine was opening the door. Jared smiled.

"Hey!" Christine said, smiling widely at Jared. "How's everything?"

"Fine, I guess." Jared laughed.

"Those flowers are really pretty! I don't think I've seen those in here." Christine pointed to the flowers he was watering. Jared looked down, and saw that he had been pouring way too much water on them.

"Oh my-" Jared heaved the can on to the counter. "Oh yeah. These are new. Reyes got them yesterday."

"How much water do they need?" Christine asked, making Jared's face go red from embarrassment.

"Um..." Jared's voice cracked. "Probably less than I gave them."

Christine giggled. "I bet."

"So um-"

"I'm so sorry, Jared. I've got to go to rehearsal. I can come by later!" Christine said, checking her watch.

"Lunch?" Jared asked.

"Oh...I'm meeting Jake." Christine grimaced at his name. Everybody in town knew that Jake wasn't really the best person. Jake was a dentist, and he likes causing pain. Although Christine would never blame him, he sometimes caused her pain as well...

"Oh. Um...I'll see you later!" Jared said.

"See ya!" Christine walked out the door. Jared leaned against his elbow, watching her walk to the theatre three blocks down. Christine was a directer, and was working hard on a new show. Jared already told her he'd be there every show.

"Kleinman?" Barked Mr. Reyes.

"Yes, sir?" Jared replied. Mr. Reyes walked into the shop from the back.

"Did you get those new plants yet? They were supposed to come in yesterday." Mr. Reyes crosses his arms.

"I didn't see them. I'll go to the cart and see if anything went wrong."

"You better hurry before we get lots of customers." Mr. Reyes pointed at the door.

"Yes, sir! I'll get right on to it!" Jared grabbed his bag and left the shop.

Part two coming soon!