BMC-Light My Candle

Kinda a part three of Last Year's Rent.

Dedicated to Gold1locks

Chloe sat in the apartment, trying to tune the guitar. There was a knock on the door, and Chloe got up and opened it without looking at who it was.

"What'd you forget?" She asked. She thought that Christine had come back, for she had left about thirty seconds prior.

"Got a light?" A girl with long blonde hair asked.

"I know you!" Chloe exclaimed. She had recognized the girl from somewhere...but where? "You're-you're shivering..."

"It's nothing, they turned off my heat, and I'm just a little weak on my feet. Would you light my candle?" Brooke noticed Chloe staring at her, as she held a match to the girl's candle. "What are you staring at?"

"Nothing. Your hair in the moonlight. You look familiar." Chloe saw Brooke stumble towards the door. "Can you make it?"

"Just haven't eaten much today, at least the room stopped spinning, anyway." Chloe looked at her with dreamy eyes. "What?"

"Nothing. Your smile reminded me of-"

"I always remind people of...who is he?" She asked.

"Uhm...he died. His name was ." Chloe looked away. While Chloe wasn't looking, Brooke blew out the candle.

"It blew out again. Sorry about your friend. Would you light my candle?" The blonde asked.

"Well?" Chloe asked.

"Yeah..." Some got wax dripped onto Brooke's fingers.

"Oh the wax. It's-"

"Dripping..." Brooke positioned herself where her knee was in between Chloe's legs. "I like it between my-"

"Fingers!" Chloe didn't want to hear the rest of her statements. "Oh well...good night!" She called after Brooke, who had just walked out the door.

The door opened, and Brooke walked in again, with a frustrated look on her face.

"It blew out again?" Chloe asked, surprised to see the beautiful girl in her apartment.

"No -- I think that I dropped my stash..." Brooke said.

"I know I've seen you out and about. When I used to go out. Your candle's out." Chloe pointed to Brooke's unlit candle.

"I'm illin' -- I had it when I walked in the door. It was pure --Is it on the floor?" Brooke has gotten down on the floor, looking around.

"The floor?" Chloe asked.

"They say I have the best ass below 14th street. Is it true?" Brooke asked, looking at Chloe.

"What?" Chloe asked.

"You're staring again," Brooke smirked.

"Oh no. I mean you do have a nice --I mean --You look familiar." Chloe just couldn't figure out what was so familiar about this girl.

"Like your dead girlfriend?" Brooke asked.

"Only when you smile. But I'm sure I've seen you somewhere else..."

Do you go to the Cat Scratch Club? That's where I work - I dance. Help me look!" Brooke ushered for Chloe to help her.

"Yes! They used to tie you up..." Chloe recalled the times she had seen Brooke in the darkness of the club.

"It's a living..." Brooke crosses her arms. She hated her job.

"I didn't recognize you without the handcuffs..." Chloe laughed.

"We could light the candle..." Brooke looked down at her candle.

"Why don't you forget that stuff. You look like you're sixteen." Chloe pointed to her.

I'm nineteen --But I'm old for my age. I'm just born to be bad." Brooke crosses her arms.

"I once was born to be bad. I used to shiver like that."

"I have no heat -- I told you!" Brooke exclaimed.

"I used to sweat," Chloe tried to make Brooke admit that she had a problem.

"I got a cold." Brooke pretended to blow her nose.

"Uh-huh. I used to be a junkie," Chloe said.

"But now and then I like to-"

"Uh-huh."

"Feel good..." Brooke admitted.

"Here it -- um --" Chloe pulled the stash from under the table.

"What's that?" Brooke asked.

"It's a candy bar wrapper." Chloe put the stash in her pocket.

"What'd you do with my candle?" Brooke asked.

"That was my last match." Chloe threw the match away.

"Our eyes'll adjust. Thank God for the moon," Brooke said, as she stood next to Chloe.

"Maybe it's not the moon at all
I hear Spike Lee's shooting down the street," Chloe looked out the window.

Bah humbug ... Bah humbug..." Brooke fake-pouted.

"Cold hands..." Chloe mumbles.

"Yours too. Big. Like my father's. You wanna dance?" Brooke offered.

"With you?" Chloe asked.

"No -- with my father!" Brooke joked.

"I'm Chloe." Chloe began to dance with Brooke.

"They call me Brooke..." And with that, she left Chloe in a daze.

Why did that take so long to write oh my lanta!

Help I need prompts