Treebros-Escape (2/2)

Read Part one before reading this!!!

TW: Panic Attack

"Alright! You have one hour to escape from this room. Don't worry. You have three hints, and if you don't escape, nothing happens." The worker told them. "You two ready?"

"Yes!" Connor said. Evan nodded. The large escape room was filled with a bookshelf, a locked closet door, and a large desk.

"Your time starts in 3...2...1...now!" The door was locked, and the TV played a video of what was going on. They watched as the person explained that the room was going to be invaded by zombies, unless they escape. The timer started, and the two boys quickly got to work.

Evan looked inside a large desk, and found a map, a flashlight, and a pair of binoculars. He set them on the desk. Connor had found a box with a lock, a note of some sort, and a few coins.

Connor picked up the key, and shoved it inside the lock.

Nothing.

"Damn it!" Connor said. He put the key on the desk. He shuffled around the desk drawers, finding nothing.

"Maybe try this!" Evan took the key, and put it into the lock of the closet door. He twisted it, and the door popped open. Inside was a lab coat, a safe, a puzzle, and a blue marble. Evan quickly took them all out, and set them on the desk. Connor grabbed the puzzle, trying to piece together what the pictures meant.

"It spells out 'Bookshelf.' What does that mean? There's a bookshelf here, but the books aren't movable." Connor looked over at the bookshelf. Evan walked to it, running his hands over it. He tried pulling some books out, but nothing happened. He noticed a black book, with a slip of paper sticking out of it. He grabbed it, causing the lights to turn red. An alarm was sounding. Something made a whooshing noise.

Evan stepped back as the bookshelf opened up to a new room. Evan and Connor stepped inside, looking all around. Old papers were lying on the ground, complicated problems were written all over a chalkboard, and a safe sat on a stool.

The time was ticking. Only thirty minutes were left, and Evan was feeling panicky. He quickly ran over to the safe, and looked at it. A code had to be entered in order to get inside. Connor ran out of the room, grabbing the lab coat.

"Is there anything in the pockets?" Evan yelled.

"No!" Connor shouted back.

"Oh my god, what are we going to do?" Evan asked. He felt his heartbeat accelerating. He took a shaky breath. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay. It's going to be-

The floor seemed to sway beneath Evan. He tried to grab onto the nearest thing, which happened to be the wall. He slumped down against the wall, making a loud thump. He covered his face with his hands.

"Evan? You alright?" Connor hurried into the room, carrying the lab coat. "Oh, Evan. Are you okay?"

Evan looked into the eyes of Connor through his hands. His hands felt like a barrier between him and the world. His mouth was moving, but no sound was coming out. Evan couldn't breathe. He couldn't seem to find enough oxygen to fill his lungs. Connor knelt down in front of him.

"Can I touch you?" Connor asked. Evan nodded. Connor took Evan's hands in his own, lacing his fingers through Evan's sweaty hands. Evan was shivering. "Everything's gonna be alright. I'm here."

Evan couldn't speak. He willed his voice to come, to make a sound, but nothing happened. His vision was fading in and out. Evan felt like he was going to die. He wanted to die. He wanted anything expect what he was going through at this moment.

"You're going to be fine. Everything's okay." Connor's voice was distant to Evan. Evan closed his eyes. It was like if Evan were underwater, and Connor was above the surface, just telling him to swim up.

Swimming up isn't that easy.

Evan was drowning in his own thoughts. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't see his way around the darkness that surrounded him. He just wanted to call for help, but it was as if anybody who could help him was a million miles away.

"Evan."

Evan opened his eyes, facing Connor.

"Can you hear me?" Connor asked. Evan nodded. "Good. Listen to me. You're going to be okay. There isn't anything here that can harm you."

Evan nodded.

"Can I give you a hug?" Connor asked.

"Y-yea." Connor wrapped Evan in a warm embrace. Evan melted in Connor's arms. "It's gonna be okay. Just wait and see."

Evan didn't feel like he was drowning anymore. He could see things, like the room around him, the patterns on the ceiling, and Connor's face.

Evan moved forward, connecting his lips to Connor's. Connor was hesitant at first, but he kissed back. The kiss was short, and neither of them really expected it to happen. They embraced, comfortable in each other's arms.

"You feeling better?" Connor asked, dazed at what Evan just did to him.

"Yeah." Evan rubbed the back of his neck. "How much time do we have left?"

Connor walked out into the main room, and looked at the clock. "Twenty-Five minutes! Plenty of time!"

"Good! I think I know where this goes." Evan walked over to the safe. "Wait, where are those binoculars?"

"I'll bring them here!" Connor walked in, with the binoculars in his hands. "Here they are."

Evan put them on, focusing into view. He looked around at the equations on the board. Something zoomed past his vision. He quickly went back to it, focusing the binoculars.

"What is it?" Connor asked.

"It says 525600." Evan zoomed out.

"It's the code to the safe!" Connor went over to the safe. "What was the code?"

"Five-Two-Five."

"Five-Two-Five," Connor repeated, pushing the buttons.

"Six Hundred."

"Six Hundred. Got it!" The sage opened with a snap, exposing a slip of paper.

Read between the lines.

"What does that mean?" Connor mumbled to himself.

"What does it say?" Evan asked.

"Read between the lines." Connor showed Evan the paper.

"Um...maybe read between the lines of the paper?" Evan asked. Connor squinted at the slip of paper, trying to find anything.

"294725," Connor said. "Maybe that's the code!"

Evan ran over to the code at the door. He entered the passcode.

An alarm sounded, and red lights flashed. The door opened with a click, and the two boys were free.

"We made it!" Evan yelled.

"And in more than a minute! The last one I did, I barely had 5 seconds!" Connor said, as the two boys walked into the room to take a picture.

"Hello! Congratulations on breaking out! Would you like a picture?" The worker said.

————-

"Sooooo....did you have fun?" Jared poked Evan in the side.

"Shut up!" Evan replied.

"You two were alone in a room."

"Whatever you say..."