Zolana-Unfortunate Events

Sorry I haven't updated for so long!!!!!

Here's some Zolana because I love these two!

"What? No way." Alana looked at the fortune teller in disbelief. "Me and Zoe would never be lovers."

"My dears," The fortune teller said, clasping her hands bedecked with golden rings. "The stars have aligned and I hear the calling of love."

Zoe laughed. "Maybe one of us is just in love with someone else. Or there's another presence of love in our lives. Like, uh, my brother's boyfriend's mom is getting married soon..."

"I sense love in you two." The fortune teller pointed at the two girls. Zoe smiles awkwardly as Alana clasped her hands in her lap.

"Well...it was really nice talking to you. I wish I could stay longer-" Zoe and Alana got up from the table.

"It's a pleasure doing my job, my dears. Have a nice day!" She waved to them.

Zoe waved at her, and the two friends walked away.

When they were out of earshot, Zoe said to Alana, "Well, that was awkward."

"Did you buy any of it?" Alana asked, adjusting her glasses. Zoe's blue Volvo was coming into view.

"Not really. Do you wanna watch a movie later?" Zoe asked. "I just bought Mary Poppins Returns!"

"Definitely. Let's go to the store and get chocolates and popcorn." Alana opened the car door, and climbed inside.

"Sounds like a plan!" Zoe opened the driver's side, and got in the car.

————

"Let's see...chocolates are on this aisle," Zoe murmured to herself as she walked from aisle to aisle, looking for chocolates with Alana.

Walking down the candy aisle, Zoe and Alana smelled some sweet hints of the candy leaking out of their bags and boxes. Some red boxes of chocolates sat a little ways away.

"Where are they? They can't have run out of chocolates!" Zoe said, scanning the aisle. "Oh wait, here they are."

She picked up a box of chocolates. The heart-shaped box had the words 'I love you!' on the top.

Typical.

"What a coincidence..." Alana murmured. Zoe looked at the box, laughing.

"I thought that stuff was just fake or something."

"It's just coincidence. C'mon. Let's go."

—————————

Heidi Hansen-Heere stood on the platform, her back turned towards all her guests she invited to her and Paul's wedding. She had her bouquet in her hands, ready to toss.

She flung the bouquet in the air.

All the women fought for the bundle of flowers as they tumbled through the air.

Zoe and Alana stood near each other, watching all the action. Zoe gasped.

The bouquet was coming towards them.

Both girls reached their hands out to catch it.

"I caught it!" Alana said. She tried to wave the flowers in the air, but felt pressure on the other side. She looked up.

Zoe was holding the other end of the flowers.

Alana looked into Zoe's eyes, seeing the awkwardness. She hesitantly let go.

Weird things had been happening since they went to the fortune teller. The candy hearts, the partner assignments, the champagne, and now this?

Zoe and Alana has come to call these events 'unfortunate events,' trying to make a joke out of all the awkwardness.

It's just a coincidence, she told herself. It's nothing.

"You can have these." Zoe shoved the flowers into Alana's hands, storming away.

"Zoe?" Alana said. "Where are you going? Zoe!" Alana ran after her.

"Go away!" Zoe yelled, quickening her pace.

"What's wrong?" Alana ran after her. When they were far away, Zoe stopped, and Alana noticed mascara streaming down her cheeks. "Zoe?"

"I'm fine." She wiped her face.

"No you're not." Alana adjusted the flowers. "What's wrong?"

"I said I'm fine!" Zoe shouted, sitting down on a chair. Alana sat down next to her.

It was quiet except for Zoe's sniffles. Alana reached out and grabbed Zoe's hand.

"What is wrong with me?" Zoe asked.

"Nothing."

"Something is." Zoe wiped her face again. "Normal people don't do this."

"Do what?"

"This!" She gestured to the bouquet.

"What do you mean?" Alana asked.

"Can't you see?" Zoe laughed sarcastically. "Everything is coming true."

"About what?"

"Us being in love! All those unfortunate events? The candy? The partner assignments teachers give us? That time the waiters brought us someone else's champagne with a ring inside?" Zoe admitted. "I'm sorry. I know you're not into all that jazz or whatever-"

Zoe was cut off by Alana kissing her. It was a powerful kiss, full of love and passion. Alana cupped Zoe's face, wiping a tear. Alana separated from Zoe, and she kissed her nose. Zoe giggled, and Alana soon burst into laughter.

"I wouldn't call those events unfortunate," Alana giggled.

So I've got some writing prompts saved, but please request if you have any!!!