Heathers-High School Reunion (pt. 2)

Hey!! Lafayeeeet requested a Part 2 to my Heathers Oneshot from waaaay back!!

Heather M. looked around at the table. Her fiancée had been gone for a little too long, and she needed to know what's up.

"Hey, Martha?" Heather asked.

"Yeah?" Martha replied.

"Veronica has been missing for, like, ten minutes. And she's not answering her texts. She couldn't have gotten lost on the way to the bathroom." Heather said. "I'm gonna look for her."

"Okay, girlie," Martha said.

Heather got up from her seat, looking around the gym for any sign of her. She checked her phone to see any sign of hope.

Nothing.

Heather walked out of the gym and into the hall. She passed rows of lockers, classrooms, and loudspeakers. Heather remembered all the things that happened along these hallways. That locker used to be one that she and the other girls would smuggle alcohol in. Another row of lockers used to be used by all of them. Heather wondered if the scrunchie would still be inside there...

Never mind all that. She walked towards the girl's bathroom, determined to find Veronica.

She opened the door, the smell of something vile filling the air.

"Ew! What is that?" She gagged, but when she looked down, she saw something she'd never think she'd ever see.

Heather Duke's bloody body was next to Veronica's.

"Oh my god..." Heather muttered. "What the hell?" She knelt down and felt Heather Duke's pulse on her wrist and neck.

Nothing.

"No, no, no..." She said. "No. This can't be happening."

"Oh yes it is..." A voice said from a stall. A figure in black revealed himself to the girl in yellow. Jason Dean was standing right in front of Heather.

"What the hell?" Heather asked. "You aren't supposed to be here!"

"Neither are you." JD pointed his gun towards her.

"Well, doesn't that just suck!" Heather pointed forward. Her fist collided with JD's nose. He let out a grunt of pain, dropping his gun as his hands made his way to his nose.

"Jesus Christ, woman!" He mumbled over a bloody nose. He reached down to pick up the gun, but it wasn't on the floor.

Heather M. held the gun up to JD's face.

"You wouldn't shoot." JD smiled sickly. Heather cocked the gun, making JD's eyebrows arch.

"You killed her," Heather M. said not breaking eye contact with the psycho.
"You killed my best friend. And Veronica."

"Chaos killed the dinosaurs," JD said.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Heather exclaimed. Heather didn't know if she was gonna shoot. If she did, Veronica might not ever forgive her. And she wouldn't ever forgive herself. Although that might be a solution. Heather ignored her gut.

"Well...?" JD asked. "Aren't you gonna pull that trigger? I don't have all day, and your precious Veronica here is gonna bleed out."

"Get the fuck out of here," Heather barked sharply. "Now."

"I'm just doing what's best." JD held his hands up in mock surrender.

"I said now." Heather ever so slightly tightened her hand on the trigger.

"Don't say I didn't warn you..." JD walked past all three of them, and opened the door. One last glance at Heather still pointing the gun at him told him it was time.

"Out," Barked Heather. He nodded, closing the door.

All was quiet except for the buzz of the lights. Heather put the gun down. She knelt towards Veronica.

"Can you hear me?" She asked. No response. Heather felt Veronica's wrist, putting Veronica's other hand against her bleeding wound. Her wrist was still warm, like almost as if she were alive.

Then Heather felt it.

A light pulse was surging through Veronica's wrist.

"Oh my god..." Heather whispered. "I've got you get you out of here."

But something stopped her from picking Veronica up.

Veronica's brown eyes fluttered open.

"Heather?" She mumbled, trying to focus on the area around her.

"Yes. It's me, baby." Heather felt hot tears rise. "We gotta get outta here."

"What about..." Veronica shifted her eyes towards Heather Duke's body.

"Shit." Heather slapped her forehead. "I need to call Martha." She pulled out her phone. "Martha? It's me. I need your help. I can't explain. I'm calling 911."

She then dialed 911. "Hello? Um...I need an ambulance. Two people here got shot....yes...how long will it take?...Okay. I've got a friend that can meet you all after we get them out...okay. Thank you so much. See you in 5." She hung up.

"What's going on?" Came a voice. Martha stepped into the bathroom.

"I'll explain on the way to the hospital. Get Heather Duke, and follow me." Heather M carefully picked Veronica up, bridal style, carrying her out of the bathroom. Martha did the same. The two (or four depending on how you look at it) hurried outside, where a blaring ambulance was parked in the driveway.

Veronica grunted.

"Shhh..." Heather said. "You're gonna be okay."

"What about her?" Martha gestured to the figure in her arms.

"Um..." Heather paused. Stretchers were coming out of the ambulance. Medics took the women from Heather and Martha, and put them on the stretchers. A medic gestured them to go into the ambulance. Heather and Martha followed.

Once seated, Martha asked what had happened.

"Well..." Heather laughed. "Remember Jason Dean?"

"Wait...what?" Martha looked dumbstruck.

"He showed up here..." Heather continued to tell the rest of the story, trying to be louder than the blaring siren.

Thank you, &lafayeeeet for the prompt!!!!!