Anxious Vibes-Talk To Him

Heyyyyyy!!!! This is my other dog bellabea, she's a sweetie and I love her 3000.

So this ship is Evan x Michael. Elsa_Ruby_Winters requested it, and I'm so excited to write it!!! I've only done one crossover ship (Jared x Christine) and I'm happy to write this one!!!

Enjoy!!

Michael stared at the sign on the door of the 7-11.

"Closed for renovation? No!" He grunted. He turned around, bummed that 7-11 was closed. Across the street was a small coffee shop. Michael sighed.

Coffee couldn't replace a slushee, but it would do for now, as 7-11 is temporarily closed. Michael headed across the street. He opened the door to the shop, breathing in the warm air inside.

The shop smelled like fresh coffee grounds roasting, chocolate, baked goods, and so much more. Why hadn't Michael been here before? He'd have to recommend his friend, Jeremy, to this place.

While standing in line, Michael looked over at the tables. All of them had people sitting at them. There was one table, where a guy was sitting alone, drinking a cup of coffee and typing on a computer.

Michael felt his heart start thudding loudly. He could have sworn that everyone could have heard it. He looked closer at the boy at the computer. He recognized him from somewhere...but where?

"Sir? Can you hear me?" Michael whipped his head around. The barista was trying to take his order, and he hadn't noticed.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I'm sorry." Michael looked around.

"You're good. When you're ready."

"Um, can I get a small mocha?" Michael asked.

"Sure," She said, typing into the cash register. "That'll be 3.25." Michael paid. "What's the name for the order?"

"Michael."

"Alright, Michael." The barista wrote Michael's name on a cup. "We'll call your name when it's ready." She smiled. Michael awkwardly smiled back.

Michael turned around, looking for a place to sit. Every table was filled. And almost every chair.

Except for one at Evan's.

Michael grimaced. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, and opened his text app.

TheGrandEntrance: Jeremy I need help

JeremyIsntHere: what's up

TheGrandEntrance: so I'm in a coffee shop.

TheGrandEntrance: and there's nowhere to sit

TheGrandEntrance: and there's a cute guy at a place with an extra chair

TheGrandEntrance: help

JeremyIsntHere: go talk to him!!!

TheGrandEntrance: easier said than done

JeremyIsntHere: just go!!!!!! The worst thing is you'll never see him again

TheGrandEntrance: Jeremyyyyyyy

JeremyIsntHere: Dude. Just go talk to him!

Michael looked at the boy.

TheGrandEntrance: Fine. But I'm blaming you if this goes wrong.

JeremyIsntHere: whatever you say dude

Michael walked over to the table where the blonde boy was sitting. He tapped his shoulder. He turned around.

"Hey, uh, is it okay if I sit here? There's not any other tables, and-"

"Oh, of course. Yeah. Uh, do you want me to move, because I can take this to go?" He responded. He was such a fast talker, Michael could barely understand what he said.

"No. Could I just sit with you? Sorry if that's weird."

The boy nodded. "I'm, uh, Evan."

"I'm Michael. Michael Mell."

"I know you. We go to the same school." Evan took a sip of his coffee. Michael gave him a questionable look.

"Hold that thought," Michael said, as a barista called his name for his drink. He got up, got his drink, and sat back down across Evan. "Sorry."

"No, it's fine. We have AP History together? Ms. Smith?" He said.

"Oh yeah!" Michael burst out laughing. "Whoops."

"Yeah. I'm not surprised you didn't notice me. I don't give people a reason to. No slippin' up if you slip away?" Evan softly laughed.

"I'm sorry." Michael didn't know what to say next. He saw Evan writing something out of the corner of his eye. "Well, I'm really glad I met you. Or, that you're in my class. I don't have anybody I know in that class. Except you now."

"Yeah. My friend Connor is in one of my classes. He has all his classes with his boyfriend, who just came to the school."

"You talking about Miguel?" Michael asked. He had said hi to Miguel once, but that was about it. "I didn't know Miguel was gay. Or Connor."

"Miguel is. Connor's bi."

"Oh," Michael said. "Gotcha."

"You're okay with that, right?" Evan asked.

Michael laughed. "Okay with it?" He turned the sleeve of his sweatshirt, showing Evan the rainbow patch on his sleeve. "Dude, what does that look like?"

"Oh." Evan laughed. "You're gay?"

Michael raised his eyebrows.

"Oh no, I didn't mean it like that! I'm so sorry. I just accidentally blurted that out. Sorry. It's totally cool if you're not, and I just messed everything up. I really didn't mean to just assume, because you can't really do that, and it totally wasn't cool for me to say that. I'm so sorry. It wa-"

"Jeez, you're fine!" Michael sighed. "Breathe."

"I'm sorry."

"You don't have to say that, you know?" Michael said.

A beat.

"You want to say it again, don't you?"

"Very much so, yes," Evan said quickly. Michael giggled.

"And for the record, I am."

"Oh thank god," Evan said a little too loud. "Hey listen, I gotta go. Sorry, but I'm supposed to be at an appointment in 15 minutes. I'll see you later."

"I'm, alright. Bye!" Michael watched as Evan stood up and walked out the door. He sighed, not knowing how he'd find Evan again.

He spotted a napkin that Evan had left behind. It had something black on it. He picked it up, looking at it. The napkin had curvy, black handwriting on it.

Hey, it was good getting to know you, Michael. Here's my number, because talking in person can be a hassle. ###-###-####

Michael smiled, carefully put the napkin in his pocket.

Hope you liked it!!!!

I'll have a story based on a true experience next!!!!

Also, if you don't know how old I am, guess!!! I'll tell you if it's right.

Stay snazzy! Love y'all!❤️❤️