Zolana-Beep Boop (1/3)

Hey my guys, gals, and my non-binary pals!!

Merry Late Christmas or Happy belated holidays if you don't celebrate Christmas!!!

Happy New Years to all!!!! 🥳 🎊 🎉

This will be a three-part story, so stay tuned!

Little bit angsty....

Zoe's POV

Alana slumped over on the library table, her glasses going askew.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. She had been feeling more tired than usual, not eating much, not drinking water, and she was been complaining that her head hurts very recently.

"I'm tired."

"You need anything? Coffee? Tea? An energy drink?" I offered. She shook her head.

"I just want to die," She mumbled.

"Do you need to go home?" I asked her.

"Nah. It's fine."

"Well, you've been like this for the past three weeks. Are you sure you're okay? I can take you to the nurse, home, or to the doctors office."

"Zoe, I'm fine," Alana snapped, lifting her head up. Under her eyes, were dark bags from where she had been up all night long. "I don't need your help."

"Whatever you say." I went back to reading my book, occasionally seeing if Alana was doing okay.

—————

"Zoe! You're phone is ringing!" Connor handed my my phone. Arnold Cunningham, One of Alana's parents were calling me. I answered. It was a little weird, since Alana was always on her phone, and her parents never called me. Alana's mom doesn't really know how to work a phone that well, but she texts a lot.

"Zoe? Is that you?" He asked me. By the way his voice sounded, it was as if he was in a state of panic or shock.

"Yes, it's Zoe. Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Not exactly. It's Alana."

"What happened? Is she alright? Oh my god." I felt my heart beating loudly in my chest. My best friend of twelve years wasn't okay.

"She...she's in the hospital. In her last class, apparently she passed out. She's at the hospital, Room 194 if you want to come see her. Do you know anything that has been going on with her? Any behavioral changes?" Mr. Cunningham asked me.

"She was complaining that she is tired a lot. Do you know if she gets any sleep?" I answered.

"I found her asleep at her desk a couple days ago."

"Can I come see her?" I plead.

"Of course. It's room 194."

"Thank you so much. Keep me posted on her condition." I click the hang up button. "Mom!"

"What?" I hear my mom call from her and dad's bedroom.

"Can you please come here? It's an emergency," I yell.

"In a minute!" She yells back.

"It's about Alana!" I pause. "You know what, whatever." I get up from the couch, and storm into the bedroom.

"Zoe! What in the world is going on?" She scolds.

"Mom, Alana is in the hospital. She passed out today, and her dad just told me. I need to see her."