⠀⠀𝟬𝟰. ❛ TALK FAST ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕 ❜

chapter no. 004!

 004!

𝙏𝙒𝙊 𝙒𝙀𝙀𝙆𝙎 𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙍. . .

     BRILLIANT GOLD AND ORANGE HUES BLED LIKE FIRE IN THE EAST OVER THE RIVERS AND BEYOND THE CITY. The first slither of sunlight peeked over the skyline in a radiant, white form. Gradually it rose, a vibrant circle in a monotonous backdrop. The rivers across from the apartment complex were liquid gold and silver, leaving the magnificent Central City dull in comparison. As the sun fully revealed itself, it seemed to swell, losing its focus and spreading in contrast to Piper's contracting pupils.

     A gentle breeze picked up and drifted through the open window, caressing her cheeks and blowing loose strands of her hair. Her thoughts were far away, for she was lost in the awe of everything. For this reason, Piper came to this window seat each morning to lose herself in the glowing beauty.

     Glancing away from the sunrise, her eyes landed on Erin, who was humming to herself, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet. Every morning the two would trade off with who was making breakfast. Today was Erin's day to cook.

     Piper watched as her roommate scrunched her nose up in distaste while she stared down at the pan. Looking up, the woman sighed in defeat as she made eye contact with the girl on the window seat. "Piper... I have failed this pancake," she spoke in a low voice, imitating the Green Arrow.