⠀⠀𝟰𝟲. ❛ PRAYER FOR THE DYING ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 ❜

chapter no. 046!

 046!

𝙊𝙉𝙀 𝙒𝙀𝙀𝙆 𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙍. . .

     FROM THE WINDOW, THE BOY WATCHED WITH PIERCING OCEAN-BLUE EYES AS THE STREET BECAME ENGULFED IN FLAMES. White rays of burning lightning struck the tree in the front yard, and the world became illuminated. Streaks of light cracked against the stormy blanket of navy blue that coated the sky, shrouding silver clouds with its blinding incandescence, sprouting puffs of gray smoke billowed into the atmosphere. Jagged bolts of electricity endlessly fell, filling the sky with undying flashes of radiance.

     The waning moon illuminated the golden flames. Shadows danced against the tree trunk, bringing the front yard alive, and the spindly fingers of the tree reached out, grasping at the night air.

     From where the kid stood in his bedroom, he could hear shrieks of terror from downstairs. An array of goosebumps traveled up and down his tiny body as he recognized the screams belonging to his mother. Bellows of footsteps raced up the stairs, headed for his room, and he could feel himself shaking. Keeping his ocean-blue eyes locked on the glowing embers frolicking in the streets, he braced himself for the worst.

     He could not breathe nor hear his heart pounding as he watched everything burn to smithereens.

     What was once a newly paved street in downtown Central City was now a weightless pool of flames, mirroring the darkness and misery he was enduring. The fire carried the dreams and lives of the families littered about the neighborhood. Every family had or would soon undergo the horror and wrath of the monster in silver and blue.