⠀⠀𝟱𝟬. ❛ THE CASKET GIRL ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒕 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒆𝒕 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 ❜

chapter no. 050!

 050!

     "SO, YOU'RE SAYING THAT IF WE DON'T TURN TRACY OVER TO EFFICACY..." Joe began slowly, his gaze trailing over to his daughter and Erin.

     Iris sighed. "She's gonna hurt Caitlin, or worse."

     The Cortex was filled with a tense silence; the only sound that could be heard was the pacing of footsteps and keyboard keys clicking at an accelerated rate.

     Barry paced back and forth in a jagged line, his arms crossed tightly while his lips were pressed together. "Barr— we'll find them," Joe reassured the speedster for the sixth time, feeling only more helpless as his son grew more uneasy by the second.

     Instead of processing the detective's words, the brown-haired man continued to pace, breathing shakily. A million different thoughts and scenarios were playing in his mind, each as likely to happen as the next.

     "Correct me if I'm wrong," Harry spoke, sliding his glasses on, "but Tracy Brand is our key to stopping Savitar, right?"

     The keyboard keys clicking stopped, and Cisco looked up from the monitor in front of him. "Yeah, but what are we gonna do? We gonna just let Efficacy live up to her Earth-Two reputation and kill Caitlin?"

     Harry sighed.

     "Not if I have anything to say about it," Barry interjected, looking up from his fixated stare on the floor.

     Erin sighed, rolling her eyes. "Listen, idiots. We need to do whatever it takes to save Caitlin." Iris nodded in agreement.

     Barry nodded. "No one's gonna die, alright? We're gonna get her back. I promise." His pacing had ended as he joined Joe's side, crossing his arms across his chest. He needed her back, he knew that, but he also knew that he had to do his job as a hero and find a strategic way to save both his friend and an innocent woman.