⠀⠀𝟬𝟴. ❛ CONCERN FOR THE INNOCENT ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 ❜

chapter no. 008!

 008!

     PIPER LITA DIDN'T KNOW WHAT SHE WAS FEELING. Sure, she'd seen the adorable CSI hurt before, but not like this. All those other times, she was behind a screen, watching from the outside in on a world she wished she could be part of. Now that she was a part of it, everything felt much more consuming and overwhelming. What happened to the people around her affected her. What happened to Barry Allen affected her.

     She'd only been in contact with the team for over a week, but standing at the end of the hospital bed in S.T.A.R. Labs made her feel as if she'd been with them forever— been with him forever.

     Not in that sense, obviously. That wasn't possible. That wouldn't happen. Her luck wasn't that good.

     "If Barry dies, you die! This is on you!" Joe West yelled, slamming Harry Wells into the side of a glass window.

     Caitlin whirled around from checking on the unconscious hero, her eyes landing on the men. "Joe! His vitals have stabilized. Let's let him go."

     "No, Caitlin," the detective responded, his eyes never leaving Harry's.

     "Why? What good does that do for Barry?" she asked, throwing her hands out to her sides. Piper sighed, exhausted both mentally and emotionally.