⠀⠀𝟱𝟰. ❛ WELCOME TO THE FIRE ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆 ❜

chapter no. 054!

 054!

     SNAPPING HER FINGERS TOGETHER, A GLOWING ORB OF PURPLE LIGHTNING EMERGED FROM HER PALM. Her eyes were trained on the uneven static crackling off, and she focused on how it felt to hold the ball of energy in the palm of her hand.

     Closing her eyes, the speedster moved her fingers, teetering them around. The forking ends of the tiny rays of pure purple lightning sent chills down her spine and she felt the tips of her fingers buzzing.

     Letting out a heavy breath of air through her mouth, she squeezed her fist together, the brilliant hues of purple fading into nothingness.

     Reopening her eyes, Piper licked her lips and blinked back tears. The weight of the multi-verse, her guilt, and Barry Allen's life rested on her shoulders heavily, and she could feel herself slowly succumbing to the pressure.

     It'd taken most of the day for her to tell the team Savitar's plan and explain the severity of how badly things could wound up if he succeeded. Then, she told everyone about what would happen to all the speedsters across the countless other worlds, including what would happen to the multi-verse and the man she was hopelessly in love with. The only thing she'd left out was her encounter with the Speed Force and that she was, once again, a speedster.

     In the grand scheme of things, her life didn't matter.

     She'd helped everything get to this point. Her life wasn't worth anything. Not anymore.

     After she had told the team the news, everyone froze.

     None of them knew the proper way to respond, their minds failing to comprehend the fact of what was heading their way.