⠀⠀𝟭𝟭. ❛ THE MOURNING OF EXPEDITE ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒆 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒆 ❜

chapter no. 011!

 011!

𝘊𝘈𝘙𝘜𝘛𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘚 𝘊𝘐𝘛𝘠𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘛𝘏-𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙

     TODAY WAS A SACRED DAY. The citizens of Caruthers City knew how fragile the topic of her disappearance was. They knew how much her absence had damaged their world. Everyone knew.

     Everyone.

     The city mourned in the silence of that waking morning, citizens crowding around the plaza where she'd last been spotted and was last seen alive. People held on tightly to the hands of their loved ones, knowing that none of them were safe until she returned. Many shook in fear, while others stood still, trying to imagine what it would be like if she ever came back home to them. Come back to save them from Aureolin.

     Among the crestfallen crowd stood Zakai Struthers and Jeremiah Hogan. Their faces represented masks of ambiguity as they stood stonily, arms crossed.

     "I wonder how we'll be remembered after all of this," Zakai muttered under his breath, his tone so quiet that only Jeremiah could pick up on it.

     "How do you mean?" his step-brother questioned, glancing over in his direction.

     "Well," Zakai's eyes roamed the wave. "Expedite has already gone down as Caruthers most loyal and powerful heroine. Thousands are here today mourning her disappearance. It just has me thinking. How will you and I be remembered once everything is done?"