⠀⠀𝟭𝟴. ❛ THE ERROR OF HIS WAYS ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 ❜

chapter no. 018!

 018!

𝘊𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘙𝘈𝘓 𝘊𝘐𝘛𝘠𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘛𝘏-𝘛𝘞𝘖

     SHADOWS OF FINGERS DANCED ON THE WALLS IN HUES OF ORANGE AND A DUSTY BROWN, ILLUMINATING ENOUGH LIGHT SO NO ONE WOULD KNOW WHERE TO STEP. Although the abandoned train station was pretty large, four holding cells took up most of the room, offering limited space available for equipment, a small bed, food, and a mannequin.

     Lying on the floor next to old spare tires was a motionless body. Underfoot, hidden in the dim light, laid the remains of what used to be a small blanket. Besides the noise of a soft tapping, the room was a silent concrete box. It could be anywhere.

     Above, the only light source was an old-fashioned bulb on a bare white wire, and its switch was nowhere to be seen. Sitting in each of the four cells was a captive, there for a different reason than their neighbor— one for leverage, one for waiting, one for keeping, and one for speed.

     Jesse Quick was hanging limply from two chains, her brown hair tangled and dirty, framing her face messily. Underneath her fingernails was built-up dirt and dust, her cheeks covered in mud and faint bruises. In the cell to her right stood a woman in a smooth, red button-up trench coat that hugged her frame perfectly. There was a hood attached that covered her head. She had long scarlet-red curly hair that was brought to the left side of her head, black streaks running through it. She held tightly onto a black bow in her right hand while a sack of red arrows rested on her back.