⠀⠀𝟰𝟯. ❛ WHAT BEING A GOD FEELS LIKE ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒈𝒐𝒅 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒈𝒐𝒅 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 ❜

chapter no. 043!

 043!

     THE MANSION ON THE HILL HAD BEEN EMPTY FOR GENERATIONS. The name of it was long forgotten, and its very existence glanced over. If someone was asked who owned the rickety, battered mansion on the hill just past Sharpburgs Avenue, they wouldn't be able to answer. Not a soul had, knowingly, stepped foot upon the soil of that forsaken land. No one had bothered with demolishing or refurbishing it. The mansion was simply a gaunt shell.

     What were once mullioned sash windows were now empty space; polluted air wafting throughout the building, whistling up and down the corridors. In the areas where there were traces of glass left, rust and grime of decades' worth covered it.

     The double doors to the mansion had once been thick and marveled out of an oak tree with a golden doorknob that was carved into the shape of a lion's head, but now, the knob had vanished, and the grand doors had been blown straight through. The left side of the double doors had been removed many years ago, but the right one was still hanging by its hinges, creaking ever so slightly at the smallest movement.

     Against the dark and star-filled sky, Piper Lita could see the disheveled threshold from where she stood at the bottom of the hill, her hair flowing behind her in the early morning breeze. Breathing in deeply, a slight frown crossed her lips in the cold autumn darkness.

     "Don't let its appearance fool you," the man beside her spoke, noticing her wavering expression. "What comes across as broken and ruined can actually be in better health and condition than those who have not been shattered like glass yet."