⠀⠀𝟯𝟲. ❛ THE COLOR OF GUILT IS VIOLET ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒈𝒖𝒊𝒍𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒕 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒈𝒖𝒊𝒍𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒕 ❜

chapter no. 036!

 036!

     THE SOUND OF ELEVATOR DOORS RINGING SOUNDED IN THE LOBBY OF THE CCPD AS BARRY STUMBLED OUT, SIGHING AS PEOPLE PUSHED PAST HIM. It was Tuesday, the second day of the week, which meant that Captain Singh would want Julian's report on the husks from last week and Barry's as well. A report the brown-haired man had yet to complete.

     Holding onto the two cups of hot coffee in his hands tightly, he weaved in between people, mumbling apologies as he accidentally bumped into fellow officers. Making his way into the main office, his eyes roamed the room for his adoptive father. As soon as he spotted the man, his brows raised as he noticed Piper leaning against the detective's desk, the two talking in hushed tones.

     Barry made his way over, the conversation pausing as he arrived. "Piper, hey, what are you doing here?" he asked, tilting his head as he handed Joe one of the coffees.

     The detective smiled in gratitude, bringing the warm cup of heavenly goodness to his lips.

     Turning, the redhead felt her heart flutter as her eyes landed on the speedster, a small smile tugging at her lips. "Caitlin filled me in this morning about all the cases you guys have been having on the husks, and I have some information that could help. Also, I heard about that guy who got attacked by a lamppost last night," she spoke, standing up straight.

     Barry nodded. "Yeah, that's our new case. So, I'm assuming you already told Joe what you know?" Piper nodded in return, a loose piece of wavy hair falling over her face. "Okay, cool. Is it— can we talk?" he asked awkwardly, adjusting the strap on his bag.