⠀⠀𝟱𝟱. ❛ THE DEATH OF S.T.A.R. LABS ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝑺.𝑻.𝑨.𝑹. 𝒍𝒂𝒃𝒔 ❜

 𝒍𝒂𝒃𝒔 ❜

chapter no. 055!

 055!

     GET UP. You need to get up.

     Everything was fuzzy, and then it turned black.

     Her consciousness was floating through an empty space filled with thick static.

     Throughout the inky space, her heartbeats pounded quietly, working their way up to thumping so loudly it felt as if her eardrums were shattering. Sparks of stardust brushed against her fingertips, tickling them ever so lightly, and she felt a gentle wave of heat pass over her.

     It felt like a million pounds of sand holding her body down against a bumpy surface, pining her so tightly it hurt to breathe.

     You need to get up. You need to find the team.

     Her eyes moved around behind her eyelids as she let out a raspy cough, blood still trickling down the side of her cheek.

     Rocks. That's what she was laying on. She could feel them edging their way into the open cuts in her back, burning them with black ash. Wincing, her fingers twitched as her head slowly turned to face upward.

     Get up.

     It was then that she could really feel her heartbeat. Every single pound of it ragged against her chest. The drums of God's mercy sang as she regained feeling throughout her entire body and she sat up.

     Piper's chocolate brown eyes flashed open as she inhaled sharply, her hands automatically reaching for something to grasp onto. Looking around frantically, surges of adrenaline raced through her muscles. The mounds of rubble around her clouded her vision, leaving her blind in a room she used to be able to see clearly.