⠀⠀𝟯𝟰. ❛ A HOME, UNCHANGED ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆, 𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒅 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆, 𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒅 ❜

chapter no. 034!

 034!

     "HEY, UM, I NEED YOUR HELP," BARRY SAID, RUBBING HIS FOREHEAD AS HE WAS ALREADY REGRETTING EVER ASKING FOR JULIAN ALBERT'S HELP. The shaggy blonde-haired man didn't bother to look up from his recreated crime scene, tweezers in hand as he picked up a small figurine.

     "It's the four words I seem to hear you most often say, Barry." Julian mused, peering through his magnifying glass. The speedster wrung his hands together, looking up at the ceiling as he gathered his patience. "That and, "I hate that guy." Which, the feeling's mutual, so..." the man shrugged, placing the figurine on a paper towel.

     "Mm-hmm. Okay, um, this is gonna be hard for you, but I just, for a second, need you to imagine that we're actually friends." Barry pleaded, looking down at his co-worker desperately.

     Julian glanced up, "Can't do it."

     "Friendly."

     "Equally as challenging, Barry." Placing down the tweezers, the blonde looked up, annoyed. "But I'll give it a whirl. What are you after?" he asked, sitting back.

     Barry sighed, his shoulders dropping as he leaned against the edge of the desk. "I need to read your report on one of the husks." He breathed.

     Julian tilted his head, furrowing his brows together slightly. "Which one?"

     "The one from this morning. Edward Clariss." Barry replied.

     His words caused the CSI to do a double-take, his eyes widening slightly. "Edward Clariss?" The brown-haired man nodded. "Why?" he asked, growing more suspicious of his co-workers' intentions.