⠀⠀𝟰𝟰. ❛ EVERLASTING DAMNATION ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 ❜

chapter no. 044!

 044!

     "I HAVE A PROBLEM." Barry blurted out when he sat down in the empty chair next to Joe West's desk. The detective glanced up from the stack of papers in front of him, his brows rising ever so slightly. Realizing that his adoptive father was waiting for him to continue, he shook his head, sighing.

     "Piper's avoiding me, and she has been for days. I don't know why or what I did, but she won't talk to me. She no longer sleeps in the same room at night and goes to bed early. When I wake up in the mornings, she's already gone and nowhere to be seen. At S.T.A.R. Labs, she hides in the basement, and if I go down to talk to her, she leaves. I don't know what to do, Joe. I've tried everything."

     Placing down the pen in his hand, the man leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms as he dwelled over this news. "Has she told anyone else why she won't talk to you?"

     Barry shook his head. "Joe, she won't even say my name in a conversation."

     Joe furrowed his brows, confusion was written across his face. What the brown-haired man was describing sounded nothing like the redhead who'd been infatuated with him for over a year; the girl who would embarrassingly blurt out sexual innuendos about the scarlet speedster and turn bright red in the face after realizing what she'd just said.

     Piper hadn't blocked Barry out since the attack at the Streetwise Bay with Zoom last year, and that was only because she knew the monster's identity and needed time to process. She couldn't do that with the rest of the team and her friends constantly checking up and eyeing her.