⠀⠀𝟮𝟴. ❛ THE THING OF NIGHTMARES ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔 ❜

chapter no. 028!

 028!

ZOOM TAKES OVER CENTRAL CITY

     Some people are calling it the meta-pocalypse, the days when Central City was overrun by an army with powers beyond imagination. But in these dark times, we must never forget our own strength, our own power to fight back. That it is only in the blackest of nights that we can truly see the light and know for sure we are not alone. We are never, ever, alone.

     Lowering the newspaper as they stepped out of the elevator, Barry glanced at the reporter beside him. "Iris, this is really good. Thank you for giving people the hope they need to get through this," he complimented, handing the newspaper back to her.

     Iris smiled widely. "Thanks, that means a lot, and the people need to know things will be okay. We'll get our city back," she replied, not thoroughly convinced by her own words.

     "Guys," Cisco breathed, running up to the two. "You have to come see this." Turning around, he ran back to the Cortex, two sets of footsteps following.

     Furrowing his brows, Barry frowned. "Cisco, what are you... Caitlin?!" he gasped, immediately speeding to her side. The brunette sat on a stool, her eyes wide and roaming the room.

     Sighing, Henry Allen, who had recently decided to move back to Central City, looked at his son. "She's in shock. A little... dehydrated and malnourished, but I think she'll be fine," he observed, taking her pulse to ensure her heartbeat was normal. Caitlin sent the team a wobbly smile, tears in her eyes.