⠀⠀𝟯𝟱. ❛ LAY YOUR HEAD DOWN ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒍𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒍𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 ❜

chapter no. 035!

 035!

     THE ANGER CAME IN WAVES OF BLACK AND BLUE, THREATENING TO CONSUME HER ENTIRELY. It was her master. It had been for months now. She was at the mercy of its whims, and, at times, it gnawed at her with such force that she feared it would leave her with nothing but an empty heart.

     Her head was pounding as she marched towards her car, silent, salty tears flowing down her cheeks. Slamming the car door shut, the redhead threw her purse into the passenger seat in frustration, photographs spilling everywhere.

     "Dammit, dammit, dammit!" she yelled, striking the palms of her hands against the steering wheel. Falling back into the seat, she squeezed her eyes shut as her chest rose up and down laboriously.

     Why couldn't she get past it? Why couldn't she just make it stop?

     A small sob escaped her mouth as flashes of Athena's pale, lifeless face played in her mind. She placed her head on the steering wheel as her body began to shake, sobs racking her spine.

     No matter how often she tried to accept what she'd done or how her life was now, it didn't work. It didn't help. All it did was make it more real.

     She killed someone.

     She took another person's life.

     She took away her best friend's life.

     Athena Caples was dead because of her.

     Why did this have to happen? Why did the Speed Force make her the one to do it?