⠀⠀𝟬𝟵. ❛ FALLING FAST, BREATHING SLOW ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒍𝒐𝒘 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒍𝒐𝒘 ❜

chapter no. 009!

 009!

     THE ROUGH PAINTWORK OF THE BLACK CHERRY WOODEN BAR WAS COVERED BY GLASS BOTTLES AND MINUSCULE SHOT GLASSES THAT RANG EMPTY ONCE THEY WERE SLAMMED DOWN. Laughter was heard over the music from the speakers in the back of the restaurant. Sliding a bottle of beer across the island, Piper Lita shot a customer a friendly smile.

     Turning away, she wiped her hands on her apron. She'd been working a double all day. Her shift, for the most part, had been dull, except when she witnessed a customer bumping into one of her co-workers and causing her to spill an entire table's order on the floor.

     "Hey, beautiful," a customer greeted. Piper looked up to see a handsome blonde man with piercing green eyes. He had a chiseled jaw and wore a black button-up with skinny jeans, paired with a pair of white converses.

     "Uh hi," she smiled nervously. "What can I get for you tonight?" Placing her hands across the bar, Piper smiled politely.

     "Nothing. I was about to leave with my parents, but I wanted to come and ask for your number." It was very evident to the redhead that he was nervous talking to her, which surprised her. The man was model-status stunning and dressed like it too. Never in a million years did Piper think a guy would be nervous to talk to her. Let alone ask for her number. "So, here I am."

     Her cheeks flamed red, and she coughed, looking away for a second. "Yeah, yeah, sure." Digging into the pocket of her apron, she pulled out her miniature notepad and quickly jotted down her number. The inside of her stomach was a raving storm as she handed the guy the slip of paper.