⠀⠀𝟭𝟵. ❛ LONG WAY BACK FROM HELL ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍 ❜

chapter no. 019!

 019!

𝘊𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘙𝘈𝘓 𝘊𝘐𝘛𝘠𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘛𝘏-𝘖𝘕𝘌

     SPARKS OF BLUE AND WHITE MULTI-DIMENSIONAL ENERGY SPURRED EVERYWHERE, BLINDING THE TEAM. The speed canon was supposedly fixed, but by the looks of how it was self-destructing, it didn't seem all that too good in shape. The breach in the center of the canon split open for a second to disappear into nothingness.

     Piper stood next to Iris, who was chewing on her fingernails nervously. The boys' time had nearly run up. It'd been almost forty-eight hours since they left, and they had five minutes remaining until the team had to close the breach. The longer they kept it open, the more the speed canon would become damaged.

     "Jay," Caitlin called, peering down at the computer screen in front of her, "we need to do something."

     Jay looked up and nodded, continuing to try and fix the wiring. "Our only chance is to reboot the electromagnetic insulators and hope the quark matter redistributes equally."

     Piper rubbed her forehead, her head pounding. She didn't sleep last night, and after trying to keep the city safe from a meta-human named Geomancer for two days, she was exhausted and irritable. She wanted everyone to come home safely so she could quit worrying and sleep peacefully.

     "How do we do that?" Iris asked, turning to face Jay.

     He briefly glanced up again. "We have to do it manually."