⠀⠀𝟰𝟴. ❛ NO STRANGER TO FALLING APART ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO
━━ ❛ 𝒏𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME TWO━━ ❛ 𝒏𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 ❜

chapter no. 048!

 048!

     GRADUALLY, HER DARK, HOLLOW EYES FLUTTERED OPEN, AND SHE SAT UP, USING HER RIGHT HAND TO PROP HERSELF UP. Pushing off the padded floor of the containment cell, she stood up. Raising her head, she was met with six sets of eyes, all of which were staring at her gravely. She tossed back her long scarlet-red hair, tucking a single strand behind her ear. "Well, if it isn't my least favorite members of The Breakfast Club," she smirked.

     The team was silent as they stared at Piper, tears glistening in a few of their eyes.

     Barry Allen looked down at his feet, his eyes watering at her words. The Breakfast Club was the movie they watched on their first date. Piper knew that and she was using it to get to him, and it was working.

     "You know... that was some punch, bestie. Gotta admit, it kinda hurt," Piper mused, tilting her head as she looked at the short-haired girl.

     Erin shifted uncomfortably from beside Iris, meeting the cold gaze of the woman she no longer recognized. "I didn't want to hurt you. I never want to. I want to help you." Erin replied firmly, instinctively reaching for Iris's hand for comfort.

     Barry nodded in agreement. "We all want to help you, and we will. I promise," he vowed, stepping forward and crossing his arms.

     Chuckling, Piper's lips curled into a humorless smile. "Oh, like you promised Eddie? And like you promised Ronnie?" She asked, raising a brow as the man in front of her looked away, breathing in deeply. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Iris sucking in her cheeks, her grip on Erin's hand tightening at the mention of her dead fiancé. "You know... for a hero, you sure do let a lot of people around you die, don't you, Flash? I don't need your help. I never did."