⠀⠀𝟮𝟬. ❛ THE GIRL WHO CRIED WOLF ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒐𝒍𝒇 ❜

EXPEDITE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒐𝒍𝒇 ❜

chapter no. 020!

 020!

     EVERYBODY HAS THAT ONE MOMENT IN LIFE WHERE THEY GO, "WELL, SHIT. I REALLY MESSED UP." If one is unfortunate enough, they have that moment more than once. Sometimes twenty times. In this case, however, concerning Team Flash, this mistake made by the purple speedster was monumental. Everyone had been lied to. Only four people knew the truth, and one of those four was the perpetrator behind all the hysteria occurring on both Earth One and Two.

     The room was silent, and Joe groaned quietly, squeezing his eyes shut.

     Piper gulped, shifting her feet nervously while she waited for someone to bounce back from the shock.

     As the confession set in, Barry pulled off his cowl. All this time, during the entire time they'd known her, possibly, she knew who Zoom was. And she stayed silent about it. He trusted her, not that he didn't still, but she lied, not only to him but to everyone.

     "You lied," he whispered, and her face fell. His reaction was the one she dreaded the most. Piper knew nothing would be the same when he discovered the truth. "Piper... I believe that you do everything for a good reason. That you make decisions because they are the right ones to make. So, please tell me if you have an explanation. Please."

     Joe looked to the woman who was on the verge of crying, her eyes glistening.

     Breathing in deeply, Piper cleared her throat before speaking. "In October, Doctor Light and Jay were having dinner together at the diner where I work. I took their order and was confused about how they knew each other. Jay called Linda 'Light' in front of me, indicating that he knew who she was. Yet, when Caitlin called and told him about Doctor Light being here on Earth-One, he was surprised. So, I thought: why would Jay lie about knowing Doctor Light was here? Especially since Zoom was the one who had brought her here?