chapter three

ALLISON WINCED CAREFULLY EVERYTIME NELLY WALKED. She had lied to Glenn when she told him she was alright, the pain was getting worse and Allison knew that if she didn't treat the wound, or let her father treat it, her legs would start to get numb.

She took a shortcut through the forest so she could get to the farm faster to fix her back. Nelly suddenly stopped, making Allison to furrow her eyebrows and look to the ground, only to see a couple of squirrels in a circle.

Allison smirked, grabbing her knives from the sheath on the side of the horse, ready to kill them. Nelly, however, had a different idea. She started to tap her feet on the ground rapidly, and just within moments, she bucked Allison off, and she shrieked in fear as she started to fall down the hill that was below them. She screamed even louder when she felt something sharp go through her lower leg and through her lower back.

She reached the bottom of the hill with scratches and injuries all over her body. "Son of a bitch." She whispered to herself as she looked to her leg, seeing one of her knifes lodged in it. She touched her back, feeling blood falling from the wound. It's probably just a graze.

She groaned loudly, from the pain and from the damn horse. Just had to go the short way, she thought to herself.

She heard a twig snap to her left. Turning her head, she saw two walkers emerge from the trees. Are you fucking kidding me?

She looked for her backpack anywhere form around her, and didn't see it. But she did see all six of her throwing knives from when she pulled them out.

She reached over as much as she could with all the strength she could muster, and managed to grab one, the others were too far. She whimpered and started to breath heavily as the walkers neared her.

She threw the one she grabbed from the floor and hit the walker in the shoulder, only slowing it's movements. "Dammit!" She looked to the one in her leg, contemplating on whether she should throw it.

Not having any other choice, she pulled the knife from her leg, screaming in agony as it slowly came out, the blood flowing out from her leg, making the creek a dark crimson.

She threw the knife, lodging it in the walkers head, it's body falling not a couple feet in front of her.

She inhaled deeply and reached over to grab one of her other knives, throwing it and hitting it in between the walkers head. She sighed in relief, instantly peeling off her jacket from her body and ripping off one of the sleeves and tying it around her leg, putting pressure on the wound temporarily.

Her eyes started to get heavy the more she stood, making her sit against a tree. Her breathing slowed down as she closed her eyes fully.

-

"C'mon, blondy... you're stronger than this." Allison heard a familiar voice say from a distance.

She swallowed thickly, shaking her head slowly. "I'm not."

"You are." The person said. "I know you are." A figure appeared in front of her, making her smile wide as she knew exactly who it was.

"Hey..." She reached up her hand to touch the figure in front of her as it just smiled her way.

The person placed it's hands on her cheeks, rubbing their thumbs against them. "You need to get up."

Allison shook her head, wincing as she felt a pain go throughout her whole body. "I don't want to."

"It wasn't a question." The person smiled, placing a kiss to her lips softly. "Do it for me."

Allison awoke with a loud gasp. It took her a while to get her vision back, but when she did, she saw someone in the lake, blood pouring from their wound on their side.

"C'mon, Ally." Allison groaned in pain as she started to get up from the floor. "Do it for me." She heard the same person's voice in her head.

She picked up her knives from the floor, walking towards the figure slowly. As she got closer, she noticed it was a man, more specifically, "Daryl?"

She dropped her knives, going towards his aid. He started to mumbled incoherent things as she started to take a look at his wound on his side, and it looked like an arrow. There's a fucking arrow in his waist.

Allison wiped sweat from her forehead and suddenly felt very faint. "No, stop." She told herself, trying to stay awake.

She heard a loud groaning sound and saw another walker stumbling towards her. She got up from the ground and threw the knife. Of course, it only went into it's neck, so she grabbed another one, only hitting it in the shoulder. "Fuck!"

Daryl gasped awake, same as Allison did not too long ago and saw the walkers and the girl he was looking for, but mostly the walkers surrounding the two of them. At this point, Allison had one knife left and the walker was inching closer to the two of them.

She inhaled slowly, and exhaled slowly before she threw her last one. She threw it carefully, hitting the walker straight in the forehead, making it fall on top the other walker.

She fell to the ground completely, barely conscious. Daryl was too busy pulling the arrow out from his side to even notice that Allison had fainted, slowly dying as she bled out.

Daryl shot the walker, ending all it's movements and slowly walked to Allison, with a slight limp since he was injured on his side, and started shaking her shoulders.

She pushed his hands away weakly, not wanting to be touched. "Stop, I'm fine."

"You're not." Daryl grunted, helping her get up from the muddy floor.

"Let me see." She swallowed, motioning to his wound.

"It's just a graze." He shrugged. That was the last thing Allison heard before completely fainting, falling into Daryl's arms as he held her up by her waist.

"Shit." He breathed out in fear.