chapter fifty-four

HER FEET COME INTO CONTACT WITH THE DIRT AND ROCKS. Allison was currently climbing down the watch tower after being up there almost all morning on watch. Her gun sat on her hip, as well as a knife on her thigh. Allison was enjoying her time at hilltop, and Jesus was like even kind enough to let her sleep on one of his mattresses, the woman thanking him by taking his watch shift in the mornings.

Her and Daryl haven't talked much in the last two days, both of them not knowing what to exactly talk about. Maybe it would be better if they didn't say anything at all.

Her head turns and she spots Enid, who currently trains the survivors they recently brought in how to use a knife and how to kill a walker. The blonde flashes a smile to the girl and waves slightly, dropping her hand back to her side.

Allison glances towards the ground, making her way to the small cabin she was staying in with Maggie. Sasha shared her cabin with Jesus across the way, the two visiting for the last two nights.

The group has been in and out in the last two days, Rick at Alexandria trying to prepare them for Negan.

Allison opens the door and walks into the small room, setting her weapons down on her bed. She  exhales deeply out of exhaustion while plopping down on her bed. She hasn't gotten a good nights sleep ever since she came to hilltop (not that she slept good before). Her mind constantly kept her up with questions that she didn't have the answer to. What if Negan finds out you're here? Will something bad happen to Maggie and the baby? Will Daryl ever forgive you?

Allison reaches over the table and grabs an apple, biting into it violently, feeling the juice splash into her lips. She wipes it off with the back of her hand and sighs, taking another bite.

She finishes the apple rather quickly and grabs her weapons once again, throwing open the door. Allison stomped her feet on the floor, making her way to the gate.

"Where you going?" A man calls out from the watchtower, making her look up with a tight smile, squinting from the bright sun in her eyes.

"Out." She responds curtly. Pushing the gate open, Allison walks out and disappears into the woods, planning to distract herself from... almost everything at the moment.

A growl is heard from ahead. She steps on the floor almost silently, the leaves below her boots not making a sound. Grabbing her knife from it's sheath, she let's out a slow breath, the walking dead slowly turning it's head towards the woman. With a flick of her wrist, the knife lodges itself in the decaying head, it falling to the ground with a thud.

As she goes to retrieve it, another walker comes out from behind the tree and latches it's cold, dead hand onto her arm, trying to get a bite out from the flesh. Groaning angrily, she kicks it down by it's leg with ease, gripping onto her knife to kill it. As it comes out of the walkers decaying skull, she almost throws up at the sloshing sound it made and thrusted it into the other walkers head. It's moans of hunger come to a stop and she pants heavily, feeling drained for a moment.

Allison gulps down some of her water, trying to get her energy back. Pushing her hair behind her ears, she makes her way deeper into the woods. Her blue eyes look up at the sky, the sun high and bright.

She pauses for a moment, feeling as if there were eyes on her. Stealthily grabbing her knife from it's sheath, she throws it towards the target, it landing in the tree beside their head.

"Nice shot," The voice says, an evil smirk making it's way into his face. "missed though."

Allison groans loudly at the familiar face, grabbing out her other knife on her hip. As she raised her hand to throw it, her movements were stopped by a large hand grabbing it, tossing it a good distance away from her. Wrapping their arm around her neck, she gasps, nails digging into their skin.