chapter thirty-four

SOPHIA FOLLOWED ALLISON OUT OF THE SANCTUARY. The woman had gotten her and the girl out from there once she had seen how many walkers were in there.

"C'mon!" Sophia told her once she hopped the gate. Allison took of her bloody sheet and threw it on the floor, climbing over the fence with caution.

As she pushed her body up, the sharp part of the fence scraped her face, blood dripping down her cheek as she winced in pain.

Sophia gripped her hand and brought her down, her eyebrows furrowing in concern as she looked at her bleeding face. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'll be-" Allison stopped talking as a loud sound of rustling startled them, the two bringing up their weapons in response. "Come on out!" The woman yelled out, holding up her knife.

The person came into sight and she widened her eyes, her face breaking out in a smile. Dropping her knife to the floor, she ran quickly towards the person, crashing into their chest.

Daryl Dixon was shocked at first, didn't expect her to cling onto him so quickly. He was taken back, then he completely wrapped his arms around her, sighing in relief that she was alive.

He pulled back and pushed her hair behind her ears, giving her a genuine smile. She winced as he rubbed his thumbs on her cheek, unknowingly rubbing her opened wound.

Daryl looked to her in concern, his hand pulling away, it covered in blood. "What happened?" He asked her, the first thing one of them said since they saw each other. He looked to her face intently, she had scratches and bruises on the right side of her face, looking like they were healing.

Allison shook her head, giving him a small smile. "I'm fine." She assured him once she noticed his face was starting to scrunch up in anger mixed with concern.

Daryl chuckled slightly and pressed his lips to her cheek, giving her another hug.

"Ally?" She heard a familiar voice say and the two broke apart, her sister's face coming into view.

Maggie walked towards her and wrapped her arms around her, laughing as she was happy that her sister was alive. She pulled away, tears forming in her eyes. "I thought you were gone." She cried to her sister as she pulled away completely.

Rick walked up, his eyes a squinting at the two girls who were separated from their group. "Did you guys do that?"

Sophia and Allison looked to each other before nodding and he gave them a sad smile. "Thank you."

Allison couldn't respond as there was a faint crying in the distance. Carl gasped and quickly ran towards the crying, thinking it was his sister that had gone missing.

"Carl, stop!" Rick yelled, running towards his son, everyone else following.

They approached a small cottage and saw Tyreese with his hands up in surrender. "Please, man. You don't gotta do this. There's a baby. Please." The man pleaded and Allison was pointing her weapon towards the stranger, as did everyone else.

"Drop your weapon." Rick told the stranger and he quickly turned with his finger on the trigger.

The strangers eyes landed on Sophia and he breathed in deeply, pulling the trigger just as Allison did as well, hers being faster as she shot him in the shoulder. His gun went off not seconds after hers and Allison flinched, thinking the bullet hit her but once she heard a whimper behind her, she saw it was Sophia, holding her thigh in pain.

Daryl acted quickly as he shot the man in the head with his crossbow, killing him for good.

"Ah, son of a bitch! This shit hurts." Sophia breathed out, holding her leg. Allison came out from her daze as she ran towards the girl, pressing her hands on the wound.

As she pulled away, she smiled in relief as the bullet was just grazed and not completely lodged in. "Soph, you're okay. This-this is treatable." Allison stammered out, her voice shaking. When she saw Sophia go down completely, her heart fell out from her chest as she thought that the girl could possibly die. She didn't want to see her die, or ever in pain for that matter.

The baby crying shook everyone out from their daze and to the small infant, who was now in Rick's arms. As Allison looked closer, she saw it was Judith. She gasped and helped Sophia up off the floor, the girl whimpering in pain.

"I can help her." A woman with large hoop earrings and shorts came up to them as she motioned to Sophia's leg. "I'm Rosita." She smiled, motioning for the girl to sit on the large log beside the small cottage.

"Thank you." Allison breathed out, kissing Sophia on the head as she walked over to the edge of the house, sliding her back against it, she sighed deeply, pushing her hair back in stress. She didn't know what she would've done if she hadn't found the group. If she hadn't found Daryl.

"No one can make it alone now." Andrea's voice echoed in her head, her smiling slightly, it not quite reaching her eyes.