chapter ten

ALLISON KICKED AT RANDALL'S FEET, TELLING HIM TO GET UP. "Time to wake up, asshole."

The kid opened his eyes a little, but once he saw who was standing above him, his eyes widened. "H-holy shit." He breathed out. "I know you. You would always pick up Maggie from school."

Allison nodded and then pulled up a chair to sit in front of him. She didn't say a word as she looked at him, eyes narrowed.

"You know, my group will be coming back for me." Randall suddenly said, smirking.

Allison chuckled humorlessly. "Why's that?"

"I was one of the most important persons in their group. Getting supplies, killing the threats. And the girls-" Randall didn't even get a chance to finish as Allison got up and held her knife to his throat. The boy flinched, knowing that she would actually do it.

"If you do anything to my family, I will kill you. We won't even have to debate about it." That's when she knew she spoke too much, because Randall had hope in his eyes once she said that.

"You guys are debating about my life?" He asked her, getting excited.

Allison couldn't answer because the barn door was swung open and she was yanked away from Randall. "The hell you doing?" Daryl asked her, an angry expression on his face. "What'd you say to her?!" He yelled, and Randall whimpered, scared that he would get beat up again. Worse this time.

Allison ripped her arm away from Daryl. "I can make my own decisions, Daryl. I'm a grown woman."

Daryl got in her face, narrowing his eyes. "Then why don't ya act like it?"

Allison scoffed, backing away from the man before she would do something she regretted. "Fuck you." With that, she walked off and into the woods.

The leaves crunched under her feet as she walked. She suddenly heard a yelp, alarming her. It sounded like Sophia. Allison ran towards the noise, and within minutes she found Carl and Sophia, in front of a walker in the mud, clawing it's way towards them as it's feet was stuck in the mud.

"Carl! Sophia!" She whisper-shouted, not wanting to attract any more walkers towards them. The two kids snapped their heads towards her and without hesitation, they both ran to her, hugging her waist tightly. She bent down to their level as they pulled away, holding each of their cheeks in her hands. "Are you guys alright?"

Sophia and Carl both nodded, tears in their eyes. "Let's just go back."

Allison nodded, leading the kids back to farm house. "Aren't you gonna kill it?" The blonde contemplated for a couple of seconds before she shook her head. "We need to get back."

With that, the trio left, not knowing that the walker will cause damage later.

-

Allison was playing cards with Sophia when they heard a scream, echoing in the fields. "Sophia?!" Carol called out to her daughter, and Allison yelled back, telling her that she was safe.

"What happened?" Sophia asked, Allison holding her hand in fear that someone from Rick's group was injured.

Allison ran out towards the sound as everyone was calling out Dale's name. Daryl was the first one to get there, but he got there seconds too late.

What the woman saw next was traumatizing. She stood there, not knowing what to do as she stared at Dale's opened stomach.

"Hershel! We need Hershel!" Rick yelled, and Allison shook her head. "We can't do anything..." She mumbled, Rick glaring at her.

Andrea sobbed loudly as Rick pulled out his gun, getting ready to end his suffering.

Allison saw Carl, eyes wide as he stared at the walker. The same walker he saw in the woods that he was playing with. He ran into his mother's arms, crying.

She closed her eyes, not wanting to see what was going to happen to Dale next. as Daryl grabbed the gun from Rick's hands, holding it up to the suffering man's head.

"Sorry, brother." He whispered, pulling the trigger.