chapter fourty-five

THEY HAD GOTTEN TO THE COMMUNITY WITHIN TWENTY MINUTES, ALLISON BEING THE ONE WHO DROVE. She had tied up Jesus in the back, just in case he wanted to try anything, which at this point, she didn't think he would. She stopped right in front of the gates and they all got out, Rosita opening the gates.

"Who the hell is that?" The woman asked, Maggie answering for her.

"His name is Jesus. He said he has something to talk to our group about." She shrugged, seeing Rick and Daryl walk up, confusion on both of their faces.

Rick quickly pulled out his gun and pointed it at the man, everyone starting to do the same.

"Woah, Rick, it's okay. If he wanted to do something, he would've." Maggie told him, holding out her hands, motioning him to put down his gun.

He looked to Daryl, who looked at Allison, his eyes narrowing. "Okay." He whispered, signaling for everyone to lower their weapons.

"I just want to talk to whoever the leader is here." Jesus spoke, looking over at Rick. "Is that you?" 

Rick tilted his head, squinting at the man's appearance. He looked clean and his clothes weren't that matted, meaning he had a camp. "Who's askin'?"

"I'm Paul Rovia. But you could call me Jesus. Your pick." Jesus shrugs, Daryl laughing lightly.

Allison hasn't even looked at him yet for some odd reason. She was still covered in blood, so much that someone could easily see it from a far distance away.

"You said you wanted to talk. Let's talk." Rick was holding onto his gun once he led Jesus into his kitchen, Allison going straight to her home next to his. She heard footsteps from behind her and she didn't even turn around to see who it was once she started to run a rag under the sink, bringing it up to her face to wipe the blood off.

She could feel Daryl's eyes on her and she sighed sharply, turning around to face him. "What?"

Daryl shook his head, shrugging slightly. "You good?"

Allison swallowed and darted her eyes around, avoiding his stare. Was she okay? She didn't even know how to answer that question. She stood there, harshly rubbing the blood from her face, Daryl watching her the whole time. "Hey, stop." He mumbled, walking up towards her and taking the rag from her hands, gently dabbing it on her face.

She now caught his eyes, them being focused on her face and getting all the grime off from it. Allison scanned his face, noticing the small scar from under his eye, along with his eyes that would always be brighter whenever he is doing he liked. She also noticed the way his lips twitched before he would say something. She loved all his little things.

Daryl took notice of this and brought the rag down to her neck to get a closer look on her expression on her face. "You're starin'."

Allison's lips turned up into a smile. "I'm gazing."

"Yeah? 'S creepy." He fired back playfully, a smile of it's own on his face.

"It's romantic." Allison teased, biting her lip to hide her large smile.

There was a couple of moments of silence before Allison stepped around him. "I should go see what Jesus wanted to talk about."

"I'll go too."

-

"You and Maggie had every reason to just leave me out there. But you didn't." Jesus told Allison once she sat down at the table. "I'm from a place a lot like this one. Part of my job there is searching out other settlements to trade with."

"So why'd you choose to come back with us?" Allison leaned forwards in her chair, resting her knife on the table.

"You guys looked like trouble to begin with, but I was wrong. You're good people. And this seems like a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other."

"You got food?" Daryl asked him, his gun at his side.

"We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum." Jesus assured them.

"Tell us why we should believe you." Rick asked, narrowing his eyes at the man.

"I'll show you." Jesus told him. "If we take a car, I can take you back in a day. You could all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer."

"Wait..." Maggie started, everyone looking at her. "You're looking for more settlements. You mean you're already trading with other groups?"

"Your world's about to get a whole lot bigger."

A/N

ahhhh we're so close to negan! i also changed up ALOT of stuff. glenn is missing... uh oh. i just didn't feel like writing all the stuff that happens... just seems repetitive to me. i just want to skip to MY story and not just write the show lol.