chapter thirty-one

SHE RAN INTO THE PRISON WITH DETERMINATION AS SHE LOOKED FOR ALL THE CHILDREN, TRYING TO GET THEM ON THE BUS. "Sophia! Lizzy! Judith!" She screamed, her voice cracking in exhaustion as it echoed off the walls.

"Allison?" She heard Sophia's voice yell and she ran towards it, crushing the girl in a hug.

Sophia's eyes were instantly filled with tears once Allison pulled her in for a hug. She pulls away, placing her hands on her shoulders firmly.

"We gotta go. Get into your cell and grab some weapons and supplies. I'll go into mine. Meet me out here in one minute." Allison told her quickly, wanting to get out to Daryl in time.

The two went into their cells and the woman grabbed her gun she had under her pillow and shoved it into her bag, along with pain medicine and other medical things they needed. She grabbed as much as she could in a minute and so did Sophia, the two meeting each other out of their cells.

"You stay behind me. Don't shoot unless you need to. We're heading towards the woods. Don't stop for anything." Allison told the girl, her nodding rapidly and following the woman outside.

As they approached outside, Daryl was nowhere in sight and neither were her sisters. Sophia used her gun only twice once walkers got close to her as Allison just killed them with her knife she had.

Before she had gotten sick, Daryl had given her an extra knife he had, feeling bad about what happened to her mother's knife.

Allison stopped once she saw her father's head on the ground, a lump forming in her throat as she got closer. She inhaled and exhaled to prepare herself. As she got down on her knees next to him, she saw his eyes, clouded over and lifeless as he tried to bite into her flesh.

Crying silently, she plunged her knife into his skull, him finally being at peace. "Alright." She whispered to herself, getting up off the floor. "Let's get the fuck out of here."

The sun had gone down around twenty minutes ago and now the two were currently building a fire, the night being a little too cold, as the two didn't have jackets since the day was a little warmer than usual.

Allison smiled slightly as the fire lit up, Sophia moving towards it and rubbing her hands together, trying to get a little warmer. "Here." She handed the girl a bag of what looked like beef jerky. It had probably been in her bag for a month and was probably stale, but it was better than nothing.

Sophia accepted with a small smile and bit into it, chewing for what felt like forever. "Thanks, Allison. For getting me out of there."

Allison shrugged and looked to the stars. "Anyone else would've."

"Nobody was coming for me. I know that." Sophia sighed. "Ever since my mom died on that run, it's like everyone is too scared to talk to me... or even look at me." She shrugged, poking her stick in the fire.

"That's not true. I saw you hanging out with Lizzy." Allison said, trying to make her look towards her.

"Lizzy just does what everybody else does. She doesn't even understand the difference between real people and walkers." Sophia scoffed, now looking to her.

Allison just sighed, moving her hands over the fire to warm them up. "Well, I'm talking to you. And I'm telling you we're gonna be okay." She smiled at her sadly.

"Sorry about your dad." Sophia whispered, casting her eyes back to the fire.

"Sorry about your mom." Allison said back.

Ever since she had been sick the passed couple of days, she hadn't even known that Carol had died on the run with them. A tear fell down her face at that. Carol had always been nothing but nice to her and her heart ached for the girl across from her. "Get some sleep. We'll find shelter tomorrow." She told her, Sophia nodding slowly as she leaned against the tree with her jacket against her head.

Tears sprung in the woman's eyes as she tried to sob as quietly as she could without Sophia hearing her. Her father was dead. Her sisters were nowhere to be found and Daryl was gone as well. Everyone had left her and she doesn't want to know if they're alive or dead. All Allison Greene knows is that she has to stay alive. To keep Sophia safe.

Yes. I've killed Carol. Only because I would like to make Allison and Sophia's relationship stronger without Carol being around Sophia all the time. I like the storyline between Maggie, Glenn and Sophia in the comics, so I would like to write my own version of that in my book. I'm so glad so many people are reading this and commenting. It means a lot <3 Don't be scared to tell me what you think of this chapter, or the next. Have a good day/night 💞