chapter eleven

ALLISON'S EYES TEARED UP AS RICK TALKED ABOUT DALE, THEIR FALLEN GROUP MEMBER.

They stood under a tree, looking at Dale's grave. Daryl stood behind Allison, his eyes squinting at her as he tried to read her emotions.

"He said this group was broken." Rick sighed, looking at his feet. "The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives, our saftey... our future."

Allison looked to Daryl as he said that, and she saw he was already looking back at her as he chewed on his lip.

"We're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong." Rick paused, looking at everyone in the group. "From now on... we're gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale."

-

Allison eyed all the people from Rick's group walk into the house. Hershel said that they could stay in there now that it's getting colder and Lori was getting bigger.

Carl walked up to Allison, determination on his face. "Hey, Ally."

She looked to him, smiling slightly. "What's up, little man."

"If you tell you something, will you promise not to tell my parents?" Carl asked her.

Allison sighed, pursing her lips. "Depends on what that is."

Carl took out a gun from the back of his pants and the woman's eyes widened. "Where'd you get this?"

"I took it from Daryl's bike." Carl looked to the ground, ashamed.

"If I would have killed that walker then Dale would still be alive." Carl rambled on and Allison instantly stopped him.

"No, Carl. If I would have killed that walker then Dale would be alive. It's not your fault, it's not Sophia's, it's mine. Don't blame yourself." She told him, Carl still not believing her.

"Go hang out with Sophia or something." She told him as he nodded his head and walked off.

Allison got up from her spot and limped over to where Rick and Daryl were on the porch. "I'm gonna take a piss." Daryl mumbled, walking to the back of the farm house.

"Wait, Daryl. Can I talk to you real quick?" She asked him.

Daryl grunted and looked to Rick. "I'll give you two a minute." Rick said as he walked off.

She pulled out his gun, handing it to him. "Uh, Carl had this. Says he took it from your bike." Daryl sighed and nodded, taking it back from her.

"T-there was this walker in the woods. It was the same walker that k..." She paused, her throat getting tight. "That killed Dale." Allison looked to Daryl and saw that he was looking at her with a frown on his face as he saw tears on her cheeks. "If I would have killed that walker then Dale would still be alive."

Daryl looked at her crying face for a couple of minutes before he cleared his throat, getting her attention. "Ain't your fault." He told her.

Allison wiped her tears away, smiling slightly at him.

-

Allison was walking in the woods when she heard a voice that sounded a lot like Shane. As she got closer to the sound, she saw it was Shane with... Randall?

Before she had time to go confront him, Shane suddenly snapped Randall's neck, the boy falling onto the ground, limp.

"What the hell, Shane?" Allison yelled at him, holding up her gun to him, threateningly.

"What, you're gonna shoot me now?" He chuckled, giving her a threatening look.

"I'm gonna turn around and we're both gonna walk back to the farm, okay?" She tried to reason with him.

He nodded and she put her gun down, turning around and beginning to walk back to the farm.

Shane had different ideas as he hit her in the back of the head with his gun, stopping all her movements.

As he got up to the farm house, he buried the gun under the leaves and walked up,

"Rick! Rick!" Shane yelled, blood running down his face. "He's got my gun!"

"Are you okay?" Carl asked him, his eyes wide in fear.

"I'm fine. Little bastard just snuck up on me. Clocked me in the face. He got Allison too." Daryl tensed at that, not wanting to see her in danger, especially with that kid rapist.

Rick gave everyone orders as he told Daryl, Shane and Glenn to come with him.

He was gonna find Allison.