chapter fourty.

ALLISON WALKED INTO THE HOUSE FULL OF PEOPLE. The woman was wearing a black short sleeve with a skirt she had found in one of the drawers with some flats and her hair was in a small half-up half-down bun with a little bit of chapstick on her lips.

She was instantly greeted by a tall man with curly hair and a button up shirt. "Hello. I'm Spencer Monroe. You must be Allison."

"Yeah..." She trailed off, looking for Daryl, who was no where to be found.

"Here." He spoke, holding out a drink in his hand. She took it without hesitation and downed it in one gulp, impressing the man.

"It was nice to meet you." She smiled at him, walking off before he could say anything. Approaching her sister, she gave her a small smile, seeing a drink in her hand.

"Hey! You came." Maggie said, giving her a wide smile.

"Yes, I did." Allison laughed, grabbing her drink out from her hand and drinking it, her sister looking at her with raised her eyebrows.

Many drinks later, she felt like she was on cloud 9 as she danced to the music that played, everyone eyeing her weirdly. Her head spun as her eyes darted around, looking for a certain someone. "Hey! Have you guys seen Daryl?" She asked her sister once she walked up to her, giggling afterwards.

"No, I haven't. It seems like you've had too much to drink. Let's get you home." Maggie pulled on her sisters arm and the blonde pulled away with narrowed eyes, not wanting to go home just yet. "No, I'm gonna go look for Daryl."

She stumbled out of the house, looking for the Dixon. Her mind was only set on his face for some reason and she didn't know why. The streets were empty, not a person in sight as the moon shined on her eyes, making them brighter and her pupils smaller in her iris'.

A blurry figure walked over to her and she squinted her eyes, trying to make them out. The person gripped her arm gently with their hand and she instantly recognized it, her smile never leaving her face. "Daryl! I've been lookin' all over for you." She giggled, tapping her finger on the tip of his nose.

"Are you drunk?" He asked her, his eyebrows coming together in confusion.

"Yes, I am. And you look very hot tonight..." The woman leaned in, her lips inches from his. Daryl inhaled sharply and pulled away from her quickly, leading her to their home.

"We're not doing this." He grunted, grabbing her arm and wrapping it around his shoulder, the woman stumbling beside him. Allison groaned as a headache started to form, the bright lights in the community making it worse.

"Daryl..." Allison breathed out, her eyes heavy. He glanced at her slightly, seeing her starting to collapse into him. She fell completely and he sighed deeply, wrapping his arms around her body, holding her her up by her waist. "C'mon, Ally."

"I'm sorry." She cried out, her voice wavering. He pushed her back a little, getting a good look at her face, seeing it wet in tears. His eyes softened as he looked at her. Placing his hands on her cheeks, he wiped away the tears, giving her a small genuine smile. "For what?"

"For being so tiring. I never meant for any of this to happen. I'm sorry." At this point, she was just rambling on, everything coming to her at once.

He shook his head at her and moved his hand down to grip hers, her eyes following his movements. She moved her hand up to his right cheek, giving him a gentle smile. "You're so amazing. Amazing." Allison emphasized, giggling afterwards. "I love you, Daryl."

His eyes widened at that and she started to feel tired once again, collapsing into his arms once again, the man now standing there tensely as her confession got his mind spinning.

Daryl shook out from his trance and lifted her up by his arm going under her legs and his other arm supporting her shoulders as he brought her to the house, trying his best not to make any noise just incase someone was in there.

He closed the door with the bottom of his foot and slowly brought her upstairs, setting her down on the bed with caution, not wanting her to wake up. Sighing softly, he brought his hand up to her face, pushing the hair that was covering it behind her ear, the girl's lips turning into a smile subconsciously.

He watched in awe at how peaceful she looked, so beautiful. Daryl sat there for a couple more moments before he scoffed and shook his head, getting up from his spot and walked over to his room, trying to think about what Allison's confession meant to their relationship.